MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got it for free from star. I am going to see if I can scan it and I will talk to NJ see if we can post it on line for every one use.

I let you guys know.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Personally I think thats kinda cheesy to put it nicely. I mean all the money we spend on our bikes and someone can't spend $50 for a service manual?? Come on now. Plus I think this site will open itself up to all kinds of lawsuits if it's allowed. Blue I know your just trying to help people out but this is a little unnecessary IMO. If someone asked what the book said about a specific task I would not have a problem helping them out. Eventually they will get sick of asking and buy their own.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You probably right, that's why I said I need to speak to NJ 1st. Looking at the 1st page, it does mention about the copy right, So I will not going to scan it but any one needs help I am here.

Thanks for advice..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Boy bummer. It's really too bad that you let that guy from NH make you feel guilty!!!
Shit, Every other bike 4M has the thing posted for everyone to use.
That thing just needs to be in PDF format. I don't want another big book laying around. With a PDF I just go to the computer, print off the page I need and go down and work on the bike.
Oh well, one of these days
Thanks anyway :-\

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where do you get the manual for $50? The yamaha site has it listed for $92. It doesn't matter how much we pay for our bikes, that is way over priced. I can see $25 - $40. Anyway, where did you get yours?

Brian

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would like to know as well my dealer showed me his cost on it and it was $65 if i remember right. I ordered it at that price and have not recieved it yet but that is below dealer cost.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having the service manual is useless, Unless you want to take this bike apart and only if you are experience in repairing the bike, Owner's manual would do the job.

I got mine free from Star, with that having difficulty to locate some parts or check to see where everything are.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Blue Angel said:
Having the service manual is useless, Unless you want to take this bike apart and only if you are experience in repairing the bike, Owner's manual would do the job.
Thats why I need one.......come next winter my raider will not be much more than a shell of a bike. Lots of stuff to do and this makes sure i out it back together right. Although as a friend once told me the sign of a good assembler is that they have parts left over for the next job. :icon10:

·
Registered
530 Posts
desertraider said:
Boy bummer. It's really too bad that you let that guy from NH make you feel guilty!!!
Shit, Every other bike 4M has the thing posted for everyone to use.
That thing just needs to be in PDF format. I don't want another big book laying around. With a PDF I just go to the computer, print off the page I need and go down and work on the bike.
Oh well, one of these days
Thanks anyway :-\
Sorry dude but don't blame me it was just an opinion.. I am sure if you hold out you will find one and won't have to spend a whole $50 and have the hassle and stress that comes with finding a place to store a big book. ::)

·
Registered
530 Posts
brian4bes said:
Where do you get the manual for $50? The yamaha site has it listed for $92. It doesn't matter how much we pay for our bikes, that is way over priced. I can see $25 - $40. Anyway, where did you get yours?

Brian
Hey Brian,

here is a link to the website. Call the number, he is from the Delphi forum and just tell him you got his name from me or the delphi forum as I am sure most of us are members there also,and he will hook you up.. His name is Brent Hodge.. I was pleasantly surprised at the price too.
http://www.tejasmotorsports.com/

·
Registered
826 Posts
Brent is a member here too!! He has all kinds of cool stuff for the Raider and I want his front fender, just have to save the cash.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Service Repair Manual.
OK, can you guys direct me to a place where I can buy that service repair manual?
Also, can anyone who owns one now tell me how to pull the wires out of the handlebars
in one piece?
I need to know if I must take the tank off and chase down the end of the wires for plug ins that will
allow me to pull the wires through the bars.
The ends that are in the switches are all soldiered in place and will not allow pulling wires out that way.

HELP!
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you can find one for the 08 Roadliner Stratoliner the factory manual that I purchased has all three listed on the cover and all 3 bikes listed for each category if diffrent.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts