MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Couldn't find the pics, I will be up there June 12 - 16. My 5th year in a row riding the Dragon and the area around there. It is awesome riding all over that area. It will be my 1st year with my Blue S though, I can't wait. You live up there or just a "visitor" like me??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Killboy moved the pictures seem like they move them daily. I live west of Atlanta if you like Deals gap stay on 129 south into Blairsville Ga you will love Neals Gap at blood mountain just watch out for cops.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey T eleborate on Neal's Gap would you?
I plan a trip down to the Gap this summer, looking for other roads to ride.
Best,
Ken

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got back from the tail. My photos are at the US129photos.com site. Check out May 12 and 13th. Another really cool rode is Highway 28 going from Fontana to Franklin. When you get past Franklin there is another rode called Wayah Rd. Very nice with some cool waterfalls. Oh and Franklin has a real good restaurant right off of 28, you can't miss it, it is the only one. Great food with low prices. I recommend the BBQ. I went with a group for the first time and will be back this summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ken
Neal gap HWy 129/9 is about 12 miles long has 3 lanes with longer curves that i think more challenging.
Get yourself a North Ga map hwy 60 and 180 has 2 motorcycle resorts both nice roads.Hwy 75 going into Helen
is nice Helens also a good place to have a beer.Hwy 69 off of hwy 60 goes into tenn.and back up to the dragon.
If you have time try the Blue ridge Pkwy. starts in Cherokee NC. run about 400 miles into VA.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the fontana - franklin roads are all sweet. I bought a tour book put out by milestone press??? It has different trips laid out all over that area, excellent book. I have been to the bbq place mentioned there is also a great place called Sweetwater BBQ somewhere up around the Cherahola Skyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sweetwater BBQ is EXTREMELY good eats! It is just South of Robbinsville, just off of 129. I stayed at a new place called Dragon's Rest Cabins. Great people. The cabins sleep up to 4 and have their own bathroom and TVs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
dmnpdfuzz said:
I just got back from the tail. My photos are at the US129photos.com site. Check out May 12 and 13th. Another really cool rode is Highway 28 going from Fontana to Franklin. When you get past Franklin there is another rode called Wayah Rd. Very nice with some cool waterfalls. Oh and Franklin has a real good restaurant right off of 28, you can't miss it, it is the only one. Great food with low prices. I recommend the BBQ. I went with a group for the first time and will be back this summer.
I saw your pictures on KB and ZEEphoto as well. I guess you started riding earlier in the day than I did, I was up there at the same time... 11th - 18th (just got back a few hours ago). On US129photos.com under the cruisers tab check out page 43 photos 1058 - 1063... I also shot some video from a camera mounted on my swing arm facing backwards, once I figure out how to host it and all i'll post it up. I love this bike!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
You should also check out zeefoto.com as well. Page 11 pics 265-274 and page 12 pics 280-290! I was thinking about sending the pics and video to Yamaha, I believe this bike has surpassed their expectations in the handling department.
I gotta admit though, it was pretty funny to have some sportbikes wave ME by THEM... hehehe. I am getting with a friend that can host my videos today.

Al

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im watching LS2PWRD's video, IT IS the BOMB!!!! He whips that monster around like its nothing, I am impressed how this bike handle it.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts