MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far the only major aftermarket mfr to officially release any pipes for the Raider (by name) is Cobra USA.

Here's the link...

http://cobrausa.com/content/index.cfm?siteaction=Exhaust&bikeID=116

Tejas Thump Cycles out of Texas is selling a pair of swept pipes for the Raider, which actually come from Mortons Customs. If anybody has any experience with them, definitely post them here.

It's always a good idea to shop the actual manufacturer of the bike for accessories. Fit, quality and performance are pretty much guaranteed, and Yamaha's Speedline catalog of accessories has an excellent reputation. They provide a set of drags for the Raider, and if you like the styling, you should certainly consider them as an option.

There are a couple of accessory sites out there selling other pipes "for the Raider", based on the similarities with the Road/Stratoliner, but there's no word officially on any other manufacturer's actual site of any pipes yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just dropping in notice the website very cool I'm a future raider owner and already talk to Bub pipes representative and they said it will probably be a year before they come with anything for that bike I love there pipes performance and sound also I've seen turn down pipes on the raider and I wonder where you can get those from.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AO - I saw the Tejas Pipes online - definitely keep us updated on how you like them, what type of gains you get and what fuel management you're using. Did you order the chrome or black? We'll add your input on the site - and send us a pic, we'll put it in the owner's gallery.

Stevo - Thanks for checking out the site, and your compliments. The turn-down pipes you saw are probably the Tejas/Morton's pipes that AO has on order. When are you looking to get the bike?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the Tejas pipes, too. They look a lot like the original Palhegyi concept. (I'm hoping he releases an exhaust for the Raider!) My only complaint about the looks of those is that they tend to hang down a little low...minor I know, but when you pay +$700 for a pair of bent metal pipes.... ;)

I'm also wondering about the performance of those. Strictly from a performance standpoint, I've always been a fan of BUB/Rinehart. They seem to spend more R&D time on their pipes. But all of their offerings look so.....so.....Harley-ish, and that really takes away from the Raider.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked Jeff Palhegyi over email about those pipes, and he told me they were one off's, using Vance and Hines parts (are you listening V&H, pleeeeeeeze :angel: ?).

Vance and Hines is certainly coming out with something soon, but they're being extremely tight lipped about it. Rumors abound - Big Radius? BR 2-into-1? Pro-pipe?

We had a Muzzy 2-into-1 on the Meanie - absolutely. killer. pipe. They have one for the Warrior, but I'm not holding my breath for the Raider.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i ordered the chrome since i spent the extra cash for "s" not gonna use fuel management at first the dealership that i got the bike from said the comp should compensate for the difference. if i do decide to go with anything it will probably come from dyno jet. my buddy's got that on his worrier along with a set of bub street sweepers and it made a big difference

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking to get a raider in about a month or 2 hopefully it won't be to hard to find I'll de looking for the blue s model looks really clean love it yeah those morton pipes like how they look love to know how performance and sound is on them. I've always been a Bub fan so but there not coming out with anything anytime soon. I don't think I could leave the stock pipes on for very long.

·
Registered
326 Posts
hey steavo you might want to start calling every dealer around and try and leave a deposit. igot the red raider s bout 2 weeks ago but it took calling every dealer within 200 miles and giving them my social and all that so they could make sure i was serious and a deposit. and it still took about a month for them to find one and and then do some trading with that dealer to get. and then i still had to drive 2 hours to get. but ive also heard that the red s is the most popular and thats why its so hard to get one. anyway good luck and youll love it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Stevo,

I just bought mine and is coming home soon after they install all the goodies. I love it the way it is. I specially love the bend on the pips, that give it a character. I can't wait to ride it. Good luck to you on your purchase also.
Mine also is blue and I name it Blue Angel.

Ben

·
Registered
326 Posts
my pips should be in sometime this week cant wait either all the guys at work (especaily the harley guys) making fun of me bout my elictric bike cause its so quite and dont forget loud pipes save lives

·
Registered
19 Posts
ao, what are you going to do about the stuff behind those pipes? like that chrome tinfoil holding black wires together with black zip ties. is there any good way to handle that? i was thinking about getting pipes too, but i don't want my choice to be influenced by how well they'll cover little things like that up. i'd rather choose them for all the right reasons, like sound, performance, looks, and attitude

·
Registered
326 Posts
you could do nj suggestion or i was going to cut it of and redo it with black wire loom because those pipes arch up high enough that heat in that spot should no longer be a problem

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.