MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished relocation of the coil, fuel pressure regulator and gas tank vent to remove those ugly Shields and show off my motor a little bit. This is one of the last 2 upgrades that I want done. Waiting for my Morton pipes and then next winters paint job. I will be posting pictures next week if anyone is interested. For your information, I used a Thunder MFG big air kit, then using to inexpensive engineering I was able to come up with a mounting system for from parts from the bike and a quick trip to the big orange home repair store. This is just temporary until I can create a bracket to take care of this or get one made. Working out some plans right now to work with the big air kit.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Re: Raider Clean Up (Removing those ugly sheilds on the side to show off the mot

Definitely interested in seeing some pictures of that - any excuse to show off more if the motor is a good thing in my book.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm with NJ. The engine is what drew me to buy the raider well mostly. I'm anxious to see how it turns out sleeper!! :coolsmiley:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Make that 3,
I really want to do this but I am scared to dig into it and find out that I can't get everything under the tank, plus I don't have the tools to build custom brackets, so i am very interested in seeing what you have come up with.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sleepercell said:
Great job on the write up the only thing i was a little fuzzy on is what you bought at lowes or the depot and how u bolted them together to make the mount. Could you maybe clarify a bit more, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought Steel spacers that are made out of steel tubing that you can buy back were the bolts, washers and nuts are found. They take up the extra space as the body of the coil is larger than the section that your run the bolt through so that they are snug and not wobbling around

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ok that makes more sense now, i was a bit confused what a spacer was I guess. Thanks for the clarification and again great work on the write up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts