MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Raider came in today, got a few pics in the crate, didn't feel like riding home today with all the tornado's in the area, but will pick it up tomorrow!

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, in Fort Collins area. Watched the Tornado pass my work about 2 miles to the east. Luckily, my home is out in the boonies about 20 miles northeast of Fort Collins so it missed my house. We did have some nasty winds out here apparently as my neighbors machine shed is lifted off the ground about 7 feet on the east side. No damage to my place though other than A LOT of tumble weeds stuck in the fences. Thoughts go out to the 100's of people that don't have a roof over there heads tonight in the area though.... Have a friend crashing in the spare room as his house no longer has a roof. Bad deal for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I've said this before, but welcome to your new obsession! And welcome to RaiderPerformance.com and our MyBikeForums board.

I love "bike-in-the-crate" photos - something about the anticipation and excitement of new ownership...

Very glad to hear you escaped the tornado unscathed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the distinct please of checking mine out in the crate before picking it up as well, although we didn't have the camera on us at the time. Reminded me of being a kid at Christmas taking a peek under the wrapping paper.........

And you have definitely landed in the right place for help, hints, advice and lies about color/speed relationship :super:

G

·
glad you're safe from the tornado.
Saw some video on the news, that was a rough one.
Said some parts were over 200 mph winds.

Well, nothing like unwrapping a shiny new Raider to make you feel better!
Welcome to the club!

Psssssssst......we all know the red "S" is faster......! ;D

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nice crate pics, I have some on a disposable camrea that I bought at the convenience store just for that purpose and now I can't find the thing. Welcome to the obsession that is the Raider. The peeps here are great and a wealth of knowledge, glad to hear that you are safe we had some pretty bad storms out here in KS yesterday too.

·
Registered
671 Posts
NJRaider said:
NHRAIDER said:
Congrats. Crate pictures are like looking at an ultra sound. :icon_razz:
;D

I can picture it now..."Oooooh, look, it's a Raven. And if you look carefully...right...there...you can see a pushrod..."
Its soooooo nice to see that I'm not the only one with the so called Raider chemical imbalance, and i thought it was only my Lil blue sled and me in my world......the longer i stay on this site a lot of yens are there with us.....LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
vintagecar1957 said:
Psssssssst......we all know the red "S" is faster......! ;D
Watch this space...A Black one is coming...you need to be alert!

Raven (the BLACK one) is.....Faster....rrrrrrrrrr... :wave:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, I am happy for the new parent and I won't say anything bad about the color. But you could have picked a better one.
OOPS!
Sorry, red is still the fastest.

As for Tornado's, went through one in 1996. Leveled the town where our manufacturing plant is. We had very little damage. All around us was devastation.

Enjoy the ride but I do recommend some bright colors, cage drivers just can't see black. One thing you have going for you is that you are bit slower! Just had to say it.

Congrats!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, picked her up last night about 6pm and went for a ride. Got about 100 miles on her and loved every minute of it!! I still can't get over how well this bike handles and how well balanced it is. In the parking lot last night doing slow speed manuevers I thought I was on my supermoto, couldn't believe how sharp she turns and stable she is at low speeds, well for that matter at all speeds, even cruising down the highway she is very responsive.

Only gripe so far is it is WAY to quiet in stock configuration, can't hardly hear it with my helmet on. Cobra drags are coming soon!!

In regards to that, the dealer said to wait until after the 600 mile service to put on pipes? Should I wait or does it matter? Won't matter much anyways, I'll probably have 600 miles on it by Tuesday.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, and I test drove all 3 colors, and black was definitely the fastest :p

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Jeepin4fun said:
Well, picked her up last night about 6pm and went for a ride. Got about 100 miles on her and loved every minute of it!! I still can't get over how well this bike handles and how well balanced it is. In the parking lot last night doing slow speed manuevers I thought I was on my supermoto, couldn't believe how sharp she turns and stable she is at low speeds, well for that matter at all speeds, even cruising down the highway she is very responsive.

Only gripe so far is it is WAY to quiet in stock configuration, can't hardly hear it with my helmet on. Cobra drags are coming soon!!

In regards to that, the dealer said to wait until after the 600 mile service to put on pipes? Should I wait or does it matter? Won't matter much anyways, I'll probably have 600 miles on it by Tuesday.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, and I test drove all 3 colors, and black was definitely the fastest :p
Handling definitely is a surprise - I know we were onto something special as I was pulling out of my dealer's showroom.

As far as the sound? My wife followed my home from the dealer, and all she could hear was the whirring sound from the primary. There's a reason so many guys are drilling out the baffles while waiting for their pipes to arrive.

Regarding what your dealer said about waiting until after the service for pipes - I don't have any hard evidence to back it up, but I've always felt that it's a good idea to have the bike good and broken in before adding any accessories that effect performance. While part of my job here is to bring you as much about the aftermarket as possible, I'm actually going to wait until the end of this season (waaay past the 600 miles) before installing new pipes, air kits, etc... on our bike.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not saying I am right or wrong but i put on the Cobra Slashdowns with 78 miles and I have not had a single problem other than popping and once the coils were firing right that has all but went away as well. Have about 900 on her now. I say go for it, but that just me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have been trying to get permission to get a Raider S for about 6 months now.

Today the seas parted and my wife said go ahead.

It was tough giving up my bad*#S 06 Warrior but not that hard to give up my WR450F.

I rode it home after going through Idaho Springs and Evergreen....................what an awesome bike.

It was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rocky Mtn Raider Rider said:
I have been trying to get permission to get a Raider S for about 6 months now.

Today the seas parted and my wife said go ahead.

It was tough giving up my bad*#S 06 Warrior but not that hard to give up my WR450F.

I rode it home after going through Idaho Springs and Evergreen....................what an awesome bike.

It was well worth the wait.
Congratulations on your new Raider. Did no one tell you the Black (Raven) raiders are the fast ones?

Raider S (Red or Blue)............. :rant-rave:

Black (Raven) Raider......... :wave:

Actually, I think the guys who ride the Black ones are smarter too...LOL...

I went from a Warrior to a Raider too. I still have my Warrior, but am seriously considering selling it to a friend, who is hassling me hourly to part with it - I hope he doesn't read this, I want to keep him guessing a while longer. The new V MAX is calling - I need at least two bikes in case one isn't feeling well!

I didn't thnk I would find another bike has fun to ride as the Warrior but the Raider as far exceeded any expectations I had!

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers, Scooter

G

·
Cool! Another Colorado Raider Rider!
I'm in Arvada, up North West of Denver.
I ride to Morrison, Evergreen and Idaho Springs all the time!

Did you get the blue or red "S"?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts