MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone race any other cruisers yet? I finally break mine in and messed around with an R1 at a light.
I got him off the line and he didn't catch me till i was at 80mph, then all i Saw was his taillight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I haven't raced another cruiser, but I did race some punk kid and his POS car. Came up to a light and some kid asked if the bike was fast. I told him it was fast enough. So when the light turned green he gunned it and took off. I thought what the hell and gunned it caught up to him and passed his ass and still hadn't gotten out of 3rd gear. LOL. Kids have no idea what the hell they are thinking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Right after I got my raider, maybe had 100 miles on it, my friend who rides the 1800 custom vtx suggested we run from a sixty mph roll-on in 5th gear. This was not really much of a race as such but at around 100 mph he was about one bike length ahead and that's where we quit. I do believe now that my engine is broken in that I would take him for sure since it even feels more powerful than the first few miles. He does like my raider a lot and I respect this guy and he even thinks this time around I could take him. But hey, I just turned sixty and that kind of crap is not for me anymore!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Retgi..your never too old man 8),,,your only as old as you allow yourself to feel. I have seen 60 yr olds racing up here at the IronHorsemen Drags in Butler N.Y. ....yes this is a bit safer than on the street, but it shows age dont mean s**t. I know I don't know ya, but take it as a round about complement from a 36 years young rider that gets a 'I thought you were like '27' all the time. Riding will keep you young, as long as we can dodge the cagers..LOL. Hell I got passed a few times by a Korean War vet on his souped up fat boy back in 2000 when I was riding my old vstar 1100. Hey at least i am humble enough to admit it. :icon10:

The Road to Hell is Paved...so Ride it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts