MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Arlen Ness grips will fit the Raider without any mods? I am looking at either the black twisted or black bassani, but want to be sure of a fit before ordering them. If so, what is the part number and where can I find them. Also, does anyone know how bad the vibration gets after you take off the stock grips with the end weights? Thanks! My other option is the Pro One Grips.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Not sure about the fitment of the Ness grips, I'll look into it.

Vibration in absolutely no problem with the weights removed. I've got billet grips on the bike and it's comfortable throughout the rev range. The counterbalancers in this motor certainly do their job, not to mention the fact that the engine's never really working that hard.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
The Black Battistini grips are not designed specifically for the Raider. The only ones I've seen available are for "custom applications", which means that it's possible they might fit with a little imagination, including the use of the stock throttle sleeve. By no means though will they be a direct bolt-on installation.

There are a couple of style of Ness grips that will fit. The Raider takes the same grips as other Yamaha cruisers and Kawasaki Vulcans. Grips include chome versions of the Twisted and Battistinis. They're available from JP Cycles here:
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=C9FBCD37-DB72-4687-ABD3-07C4676668A9

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.