MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Red Raider S yesterday. Punched out the stock pipes today. Haven't decided on the aftermarket pipes I want yet. I drilled out 4 - 3/4" holes at 90 degree positions around the 1 1/2" exhaust hole. It wasn't easy, but it sounds awesome. Would highly recommend it for guys waiting for their new pipes.

Mr Max

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mr. Max,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think the stock pipes look good on the raider... sure their will be better looking pipes but maybe not the quality. Check the parts department for a set of stock Raider pipes then compare that to what you will spend on aftermarket pipes. There is no comparison. There is alot of quality and engineering in the stock pipes not to mention the exup system. Just my 2 cents. Congratulations on the new ride!! You are going to have fun with this baby. :ricky:

Raven

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got the Speedstar Pipes they sound good , look good and the fit is good.
I like the straight pipes the swoops and curves a nice to it's all in what you
like it's your bike customize it the way you like that's what's so great about bikes
Good luck
Liv2Ryd

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dcould you take any pictures of it. it all you did is drill holes in the filld in part

·
Registered
29 Posts
I drilled mine out too. First i drill 4 1/2" and 4 3/4" holes. It sounded allrite, but when i got home i finished it off with all 3/4" holes. It was a lil louder but still had a lil fluffer sound.Sooooooo now im having 4" exhaust tips installed where the baffles are. it ought to sound throatie.

·
Registered
499 Posts
"Punching out the uglies"

In some states you can end up behind bars for hitting your wife/girlfriend.

What?

oh... sorry... my bad. :icon10:

·
Registered
499 Posts
go to fatbikes page he has a detailed way to cut out the baffles I took mine all the way out and it sounds really good

Fatbikes page?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok, I have to ask, does anyone who has done this ended up with their exhaust whistling? That is what keeps me from doing this.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I punched mine out and have really no extra noise from them. It sounds alot better until I get some new ones.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I drilled mine out yesterday. Mr. Max is Right. It sounds awesome for a home made job.

I want to get the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1 system. But the man at V and H said they won't have any till after July.

I started with 4 3/8 holes in a "plus" pattern. I ended up with holes that are just a little under 3/4.

Every one ride safe and enjoy the bike.

Later

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well I drilled out the pipes yesterday, I have to say they sounded pretty good. I only did 1/2" holes. Today I got a 3/4 " drill, and made the 4 holes bigger, I like this much better. Sounds pretty damn good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts