MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i need them or not. If i do what do they do. are they like baffles or something.
I want the mortons pipes. i know about the V&H ones but i want them now.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey Sarge... Just so that you go into this with your eyes wide open...

The Morton pipes will blue and the heat shields do not cover the bluing. They have also been reported as having a tendency to scrape at the tips when cornering...

·
Registered
148 Posts
They a cones that go into the pipe at the jugs that restrict back pressure allowing the bike to run better. I would run them I plan to. I dont belive they would affect the sound of these pipes that are probably pretty loud anyway If they are the new batch of mortons then they should not drag. Mine were pushed out 2 weeks to allow time for my dealer to get ones that didnt drag

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Sleeper,
Are you buying the Morton's through your dealer?
If so, did you get a better price?
Are you having your dealer put them on?

I want the black ceramic with chrome heat shields. Doug Morton told me the ceramic is being done by a different company that does it right. He admitted they had a ton of problems with the last guy who was doing it.

What's your throughts on quality and how these will treat the engine?
Thanks much,
Ken

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes i am having my dealer order them and should have them in the next few days. But do to the 2 accidents(not at my fault) last year that totaled a FZ1 and hurt my vstar 1100 my better half is making me take a experianced rider course :2excited: that requires you to have stock exhaust. (so in there words no loud exhaust.) So I will be putting on myself after class. But will have it dyno tuned shortly after to make sure I have the right air/fuel mixture. I got a better price than tejas buy going through Pacific Coast star. My dealer gave them to me at the cost on there website plus a little for buying 3 bikes in 2 years and for being friends with the salesman and co owner. Im getting the chrome ones for my red raider s. (And yes I now they Blue.) So Im not sure about the ceramic other than they would look sick on a black raider.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the idea that they have fixed the pipes. I dont mind some blueing. I had it on my GSXR pipes. but that might have been because it was titanium.

·
Registered
82 Posts
sleeper--sounds like cones or loud pipes is least of yo worries!! other half vs. better half might be a good start!! just my 2 cents!!--john

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Hey John don't know why they miss you on R.O.com.Guess they are just board.Better get over there and stir some shet. :wave: :wave: :wave: ;D

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
No John,I meant board,wood with nails in it that they want to use on you over there.Jeezzeee John dont go all edumacated on me now. TH HE. Love ya John >>Jack :wave: :wave: :icon_wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts