MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I put together some instructions for people unfamiliar with embedding photos in their posts. Hope it helps. Any suggestions to make it more useful let me know.

It seems most guys here use 'Photobucket' to post photos. Photobucket will allow you to store photos and videos online for free, and then 'point' to them using an 'url' to display them on other sites.

You will need to register here: http://photobucket.com/register/

You will be required to add some profile data before you can add images/videos.

When you have registered you need to upload your photos to 'Photobucket'.

1. To do this follow the directions below:

You will see 'Upload Images and Videos' -> 'from:' ->

Assuming the images are stored on your computer select the radio button to the left of 'my computer',

Click the 'Choose files' button and navigate to the folder where the photos are stored.

When you select/click a photo or photos (hold the 'Ctrl' key down to select multiple files) and select/click 'Open', which is on the right hand side of the filename textbox below where you select photos, you will be given the opportunity to add a title, description and tags to the photo. You can ignore this (description data can be added later).

Scroll down the page and click 'save and continue'.

2. Next, get the url of the photo(s):

After clicking 'save and continue' you will see your photos near the bottom of the page. Below each photo there will be 4 boxes.

Select/click the 'IMG code' box; you will see the word 'Copied' appear. This will automatically copy the url and 'img' tags for that photo.

Paste the url and 'img' tags into your post at the point you want to display the picture. Repeat step '2' for each photo you want to embed in the post.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers, Scooter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vintagecar1957 said:
Hey Scooter, this could help too.
AFTER they've posted the pix on PhotoBucket or wherever......

Just becareful you don't get too many 'img' tags, 'Step 2' in my explanation grabs the 'img' tags from Photobucket when 'IMG code' is clicked/selected, eliminating the need to use the 'image' button on the New Post-toolbar.

If you want to use the extra step as described by 'Vintagecar1957' then grab the 'image address' by clicking 'Direct Link' below your image in your Photobucket album and then paste this between the 'img' tags created by clicking the 'image' button on the New Post-toolbar.

NOTE: the steps in my post are valid for Photobucket ONLY!

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
To post photos in the forum, your photo just has to be hosted online "somewhere", and the photo just has to have a URL (image web address as noted in Vintage's post).

As Scooter noted, his instructions apply to Photobucket only. If you don't have a Photobucket or other picture hosting account, or for any reason don't want to register with them, we do have an alternative

I set up a misc photos page on RaiderPerformance.com where I put pictures specifically for the this purpose. When you visit the site, this page isn't visible, but it provides URLs for pictures that can be displayed here in the forum and elsewhere. If you want to display a photo here in the forum, email it to me, and I'll give you a URL that you can use to post it.

Also note that if you sent in a picture of your ride for our owners gallery, it already has a URL that you can use to post it as well.

·
Registered
826 Posts
All very useful info, as I see peeps asking how to post pics here all the time.
Thanks Scooter and Vintage for your time in explaining it to everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts