MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DON'T do it, unless you have alot of time to burn. I've spent three days so far, stripping, sandblasting, course sanding, and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding.... This is by far the worst wheel I've ever polished when it comes to difficulty. I now know why it cost more to chrome a Raider wheel. Three days later, I'm about 1/2 done and that's just the front wheel. It was such a pain in the ass that I now have chromed "EVERYTHING" on order from Matt at Performance Edge. I'll continue with the front wheel just because I'm not going to let it beat me. Just wanted to let everyone know what's involved if you planned to polish. The rough cast in the middle takes alot of patience!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had my wheels, front calipers, pulley, hub and rear rotor plate (back ordered) chromed... and my front rotors polished by Performance Edge.

Absolutely amazing....

The front rotors were polished so well that the Service Manager at the Yamaha Dealership initially refused to put them on because he thought they were chromed. The owner of the dealership said it was the best polishing job he'd ever seen.

Wow!! what a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.