MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Sorry for the low quality of these videos and pictures. It was dark and I wanted to post something up that you guys could see before I went to bed. These are my new rear turn signals. I didnt want to go with the integrated because a lot of ppl do that and i wanted a different look. Plus with my R1 I did integrated. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBtFTslmgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EhsQbo6eM0

·
Registered
373 Posts
Interesting, now we just need to see them in the daylight, and how are they mounted?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well right now they are temporarily mounted kind of ghetto some may think. I just have some small velcro that i use for a lot of applications. it looks good but i want to get double sided black tape instead...they didnt have any black at walmart so i am going to look for some tomorrow at radio shack and home depot...etc....i will post some more pictures tomorrow when i get some light....plus i have no license plate on atm....i cut the entire bracket off....so i am rolling dirty for a little bit till my side mount comes in...no worries...i will carry the plate with me on my back seat....totally ghetto.

j

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Hey Mind I like them. Iam kinda geto to.I left an answer on the black chain guard post about the fender bib. Jack :wave:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mindiraser said:
These are my new rear turn signals. I didnt want to go with the integrated because a lot of ppl do that and i wanted a different look.
Seems like a lot of work. The integrated tail light is so clean and free of things scabbed on somewhere else. Are there a lot of raiders in your area with the integrated light that you want to be different than?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are not a lot of raiders in my area, but adding an integrated tail light is too common for any bike. I would say that the integrated tail light is just as difficult to install than this was if not more....

I can sauder and heat shrink the wires to stock clips. I can take off entire light assembly with the aftermarket blinkers just as easily as i could before....

here is a clip with my HD cam today with light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBxodgHaho

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not to bad, my only concern is that they don't seen very bright. The integrated light that I installed is very bright. But for an in-expensive mod, it looks good.

Brian

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know we all like to customize our bikes for looks but to me those are not very functional since they don't appear large enough or bright enough.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My friend told me I was very hard to see from the rear driving straight at night even with stock lights. I definitely want people to know when I'm going to be slowing and turning and the brighter the light the better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i have the same thing done to mine but with the three led pods, my dad was behind me when i was making a turn, he pulled me over and told me that you cant even tell there back there. so he told me if i would install his intergrated light he would buy me one so thats the route im taking now,

p.s. dad has the blue one in case yall was wondering

·
Registered
826 Posts
ao said:
p.s. dad has the blue one in case yall was wondering
And if memory serves me correctly doesn't he have more chrome than you?? :icon10: Sorry couldn't resist an opportunity to be a smarta$$!!

We missed you ao, don't go way for so long next time!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Come on guys, let's get creative. There has to be another place to mount the blinkers. Any ideas?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Impaler said:
Come on guys, let's get creative. There has to be another place to mount the blinkers. Any ideas?
this is what i did.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be the first to tell you that the lights are not very bright in the daylight. But having over 100,000 miles on sportbikes, I tend to drive aggressive...meaning, I dont wait for others to slow down or see my signals...I move when the oppurtunity arrises. I dont EVER expect ppl to see my signals...assuming they do will get you killed. Most the time I use hand signals for my fellow bikers. The blinkers I added are mainly for night when my arms cannot be seen. They are quite noticable at night. 100+ bucks for integrated, was not a choice I would have gone with when I dont like the integrated look. 15 bucks...worked for me. and I the fact that I did it all myself. To each his own.

Jason

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like that eian. That's what I'm talking about. Can you share the where to, and how to get this done on my ride?

thank you

VB

·
Registered
826 Posts
no prob.......I will shoot you an email with the details.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts