MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who may not know...
Performance Edge is an exchange service where you can "exchange" you wheels, calipers, pulley etc... for chromed versions of the same piece. They also sell side mounted license plate holders and other "stuff' for the Raider.

Here's my experience with them.

I wanted things "done right" and I am not comfortable with making modifications on my own. (hopefully... that will change with the help from this forum) ;D

I had my dealership remove the wheels, pulley, hub and front calipers and ship them off to Performance Edge. Trying to make a long story short... the dealership used poor packaging and the pulley never made it to PE).

Matt (from PE) said he would handle this "problem" with the dealership and would send the pulley anyway. I've had a number of conversations with Matt over the past week or so and he has always been very understanding and helpful... amongst his hectic schedule.

If the chrome comes back half as good as his desire to work through this issue with me... I'll be very pleased.

Stay tuned... I'll let you know about the chrome.... if my dealership can do it right!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheels, both front calipers, pulley and hub... 1.6K and some change. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this... or buy some custom rims. I contacted a dealer for RC Components about a price on some 5 spoke wheels that I liked just to see the difference between having my rims chromed and the custom rims.

The custom rims where 4K... just for the rims. :eek:

That made the decision easy. I like the Raider rims... just wanted chrome. So, I decided to do the exchange with PE.

When the bike is back together... I'll post pics.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the turn time for all of that?
I hate to say it depends but.... it depends.

They're located in Ohio so... the further away you are the longer it takes to ship back and forth. They won't ask you to ship your part(s) unless they have the matching part in stock to replace it with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts