MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, Raider Fanatics ;)

There was some discussion in another thread about Raider patches. I've started designing a couple - one for the Raider itself and one for RaiderPerformance.com

If there's enough interest, we'll be able to order a bunch and keep the costs reasonable. Email me, send me a PM or use the Feedback form here http://www.raiderperformance.com/feedback.htm and let me know if you're interested (no obligation, of course).

Thanks guys, and Ride Safe

·
Registered
343 Posts
8) Sounds good. Would definitely like to get one. Do you have any pictures or design images yet?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing finalized yet - still in the sketching out (and scratching my head) phase

I'll add a page to the site when we're a little further along where everyone can see the designs and submit any ideas as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great Idea Patches would be cool

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree that it is a great 'starting point' but I also think that something should be added to it so as to 'make it our own'. A kind of personal touch.

Perhaps extending part of the the 'R's downward to create the handlebar, triple clamp, headlight scheme of the bike. To give it depth and dimension, design it so that the headlight is illuminating the 'RaideR' lettering.

OK, I just embarrassed myself right out of this forum. I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good starting reference. I agree with Red that adding some of the bike into it would spice it up and make it "our own". Maybe the flag or something as a background to it. I'm sure with everyone here, we can come up with something really good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
:) Seems like we all like to identify ourselves by the color Raider we bought or want to buy. Why not have a basic patch but have a choice of red, blue, or black as a choice of backround colors to choose from. Not sure of how it would work but it sounds cool.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sometime in the next couple of days, I'll be adding a page to the site for the patches. I'll start off by posting a couple of basic sketches and you guys can sound off, and we'll go from there.

I like the ideas about adding some touches like a bar clamp or light, etc. For patches though, I want to keep it really simple and strong - too many details, especially on a smaller patch, and things start to look "mashed" together.

The next step would be to take the more detailed ideas like Red was saying, and print them on a t-shirt, where you can get pretty detailed. We could put a big "Raider" on the back with the involved graphic, and then a small "RaiderPerformance.com" on the chest in front.

(...and then coffee mugs, mouse pads, socks... :eek:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
thats a good way to go about it i would love a t-shirt with a big raider graphic to wear around some of the harly guys i know :pepper2:

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I saw that one

Call me biased, but to me it doesn't match the bike. Almost looks like somebody took some clip art from Master and Commander and tacked Star Raider on it. :icon_evil:

·
Registered
343 Posts
:wave: bye-bye, I just saw that patch to and that is not for us Raider riders. Just some cheap peice for someone to make a buck or 5 in this case. the one we all come up with will be well worth the time. ;D

·
Registered
373 Posts
I actually have that patch. It is a nice patch, but you are right, it does not match the raider. Especially the fast ones LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
Now Rick, I thought we talked about that and we put that to the rest that the BLUE RULES. hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 43 Posts