MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Just gona depend on what the passenger weighs. Read page 3-13 of your owners manual. If you have 300 pounds of passenger you increase spring load. If no passenger decrease the spring load. Does anyone read the owners manual? ;) ;) ;) :wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont ride often with a passenger but I have done it a couple times since I installed the lowering kit. A lowered Raider with a passenger behaves exactly like you would think. You will bottom out easier, you will hit the pegs earlier in turns, etc. Like mentioned earlier, it will depend alot on how much woman you have sitting on the back (and how much you weigh). If your gonna do it just tighten the spring up in the rear and take turns a little more slowly. Other than that the bike is fine in this set-up.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks for the straight answer fight. If I lower mine, I should say when I lower mine I will buy the progressive spring and still tighten the spring up with that. I don't ride two up very often. Just when I see a sweet young thing walking down the street :icon_twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put the lowering kit on mine with the progressive spring. The ol lady weighs about 130. I had plenty of clearance and didnt rubb, but the progressive spring does ride rougher. The spring rides great if you are by your self, exspecially in the curves. But it didnt pass the bitch test. So ive got a progressive spring for sale. email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
busajack said:
Thanks Flight,have you lowered the front also? ;)
No, havent messed with that yet. Actually just learned you could do that a couple days ago on this forum. I like the way it looks now, but I am always looking for something new to do on the bike!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I installed the Pacific Coast Star lowering kit with the progressive spring. I like the look, although I don't think it dropped 1.75" as advertised. It is much easier to drag your pegs with the bike lowered. I thightened the spring up a little extra for the occassional ride with momma. It is a little stiffer than stock but rides great. I don't ride on very many rough rodes so I recommend it. Now for the hard part. The install was a pain in the a$$. The directions are not very clear. One member said he installed it with the help of his son in 20 minutes or so. Well, I didn't have any help. It took me quite a while to get it done. You have to remove your exhaust to get one of the bolts out. Also, I removed the rear wheel so I could get to the rear spring bolts better. Good luck and give a shout if you have any more questions. Oh, and welcome.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts