MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to desertraider I now have an option for removing the rear seat and replacing it easily in less than a minute and it only cost me $6 to do it. Following his advice I removed all of the rubber bumpers from the factory seat then I went and found some heavy duty suction cups and forced them into the holes where the bumpers were. I also drilled one hole in the senter of the seat and added 1 suction cup for good measure. I just got back from a 20 minute ride with the ol lady and it never moved at all, in fact it was a bit hard to get off until I poped off a few of the cups. For the little bit I ride with a passenger I think this is going to work great. If you are looking for another option I ran across phantom pads and there is another post about them.
Here is a pic of the final product:

I spent a wopping $1.76 for these 4 nylon tag bolts with chrome caps to fill the holes. Got them at walmart

·
Registered
155 Posts
Now that is some good stuff, don't have to pay a bunch of money to get function, style, and keep momma happy. Was hoping something would come along so I could go from solo to riding with momma in minutes. This is one of the few mods I had in mind, thanks guys for posting the info..... :beer2:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
armydan02 said:
Can you show a pic of the whole bike? I would like to see what it looks like without the seat.
Here ya go:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ArmyDan,

I do not use the integrated tail light setup. If you look close you will see some small chrome LED blinks that I modified and placed in the rear attachment point for the rear fender mount. If you need a better pic I can try and snap one tonight. They are super small and bright and I have gotten good comments on them so far.

KK,
wow, that was a good spot! No one has noticed that yet. I did loosen the trees and push the bars forward a little bit and then repositioned all of the controls.

Soonerfan,
You should be able to get them at most any craft shop, or I have seen them at walmart back by the bath supplies. I happened to find these at an autoparts distributor. let me know if you can't find any I should be able to get some more.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone asked about the blinks so here is a pic of those.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good stuff all around. Nice work.

What kind of mods did you have to make to the LEDs? I've seen similar ones from Morton's. They look pretty simple to install. About those crome capped tags bolts. I've been looking for that exact thing. I went to Walmart today and asked 3 employees but still didn't have any luck locating them. What area of the store did you pick them up? Are they metal capped or plastic? Thanks.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are back in automotive right by all the license plate frames. They are a nylon bolt and nut and plastic chrome cap. As far as the LED blinks I had to install a load equalizer to slow the blink rate and I had to do some grinding on the inside fender brace because the studs on the blinkers were a little short. You will need a pretty long stud to fit through the fender support the fender brace and then the nut that is welded to the brace. I bought these on ebay for around $22 Other than that I just soldered all the connections together and heat shrinked them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
for those who are thinking of doing this mod,its so simple and works great,did it in about 15 mins,$4.50 for the suction cups,and when it is stuck down it is not going anywhere,this was just what i was looking for,now if i could get my quick release back rest from yamaha :rant-rave:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey eian31 can you post a side pic and where you got the blinkers from

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LADMarines said:
Hey eian31 can you post a side pic and where you got the blinkers from
Hey LAD, earlier in this thread I posted a side pic and an angle pic from the rear that may help you with what you are looking for. If they don't let me know what angle you are looking for and I will snap a pic of it for you.

This is the guy I got the turn signals from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DECO...46899636QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310046899636&

Just a note that the studs on these were not long enough to bolt them right up so I had to do some cutting on the inner fender brace and turn the nut around backwards to get them to work, but all in all I think they came out well. I also used one of these to slow the blink rate:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-...43825964QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250243825964&

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.