MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on new rear pegs. I found a set that mount on 10mm studs. I threaded them directly into one of the original peg mount bolt holes. This lowered them approx. 2 inches and pushed them forward about 1-1/2 inches.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Can you show a pic of the other side? Will this work for those of us with the performance edge side plate mount?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here's the deal. The pair I ordered is a discontinued model. I believe I got the last pair. They do have another version listed http://www.1cruiser.com/sa/p/FOOTPEG_SET_DIAMOND_W_STUDS.htm these appear to be the same mount but with a different diamond design. I would recommend calling to verify that they have a 10mm stud. The thread pitch is different on the peg than on the frame. This is easily remedied with a pair of 10mm studs purchased from NAPA auto parts (the studs have different threads on each end). The pegs are decent quality but don't have a "locking" mechanism to hold them up. I just tightened them up a little extra and they stay in place fine. I used locktite and a lock washer for the installation.
Here's pics of the left side. I can't verify if they will work with a side mount plate. If you have a straight shot out from the mounting bolt on the exsisting peg, it should work.
I believe some of the other models (maybe the 650, not sure) have rear pegs that mount the same way. They may have more options available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got the last adaptors (all Kuryakyn stuff) to lower my passenger pegs about 1 1/2 inches plus forward slightly. I also replaced the actual peg with a wider one. The whole assembly adjusts so I could make them go forward a little more if needed. I already had the pegs and I think all the adaptors cost about $80.00 total. The adjustable offset peg mount was the important part which I had trouble figuring out which one would work. It is 2" ADJUSTABLE OFFSET PEG MOUNT, #7936.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.