MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'sup fellas -

This is a custom, small volume pipe made for the M109 and VTX. I'm intersted to find out what you guys think. Would you consider a pipe like this for your Raider?

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's hard to picture that on the Raider...I'd have to say no. But then again I'm very partial to the Swepts I have now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I might be if it had a different end piece, maybe like the end of the Swepts. Like Vtwin said, its hard to picture. Just on the fact of the end piece, I have to say no.. :-\

·
Registered
155 Posts
NJ, I sat here for a few minutes looking at the design you posted after I sent my first reply. Pondered a little while eating dinner, for me its not just the end cap. More the direction it is facing. I think I would like to see it point away for the rider towards the ground at a 45 degree angle and point back at a 45 degree angle. The end cap wouldn't have such a bold "elbow". I think it would be one bad a** pipe......... 8)

·
Registered
499 Posts
My initial thought… I really like the “shortness’ of it. I’m not particularly fond of exhaust that goes to/past the rear axel. I had a Warrior that I put Bub JugHuggers on and loved it… the looks and the sound.

So… for me… it shows promise. But I have to agree with Brian4bes…gotta to somethin’ with the end cap/angle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would absolutely love them without those endcaps. This is what I have been looking for; I hate pipes going well into the swingarm. LOVE the idea. Please let us know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I on the other hand do like the side tip but I don't think this type would go well on this bike.
It also seems too short for my taste.

GC

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like them, like the length and the end piece. The end piece reminds me of what we all call the raider, "beast", and not some drag pipe that is sold by every exhaust maker.

·
Registered
499 Posts
OK.... after yet another look.... the endcap is growin' on me. ;D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey NJRADIER...

I suppose some sort of a mock-up of these on a Raider is out of the question?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr. T said:
Hey NJRADIER...

I suppose some sort of a mock-up of these on a Raider is out of the question?
I wish -

These are from a company who made them for the 109 and VTX. When I spoke with them, they really want to gauge interest before moving ahead.

·
Registered
155 Posts
NJ,
From the guys that responded to your post. It looks like some of us like the concept. Did you ask if the company could produce a few different end caps. The basic pipe looks great and each person could personalize the look with there choise of cap. Just a thought. :icon_wink:

Brian

·
Registered
499 Posts
NJ...

Would you happen to know if these pipes are shielded/double walled so as not to show the bluing?

Have you heard back from them... whether of not they plan on going through with these for the Raider?

·
Registered
42 Posts
A mock up on a Raider would go a long way toward generating interest.
They would need to accommodate the OEM 02 sensor.
Optional baffles would be nice.
Not being familiar with them on the VTX or 109, a bit more info on construction, heat shielding, chroming, etc.

If they are constructed as well as V&H pipes, they may have found a new market!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Evan a photo shop mockup might draw some interest.
More so if it's on a Raven.

GC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts