MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, this ole guy has a perfectly good '06 tourer/cruiser 3 cyl. mfg. in britain.great on trips, just too dang heavy to have any fun on around town in stop/go traffic for my grey headed, short ,skinny rear end. so my research has led me to the raider as the best choice for a local ride. before i put the cash down , i hope to get a little more informed about bike. and from the little i've read, this seems to be the place to be if you are a raider upgrade enthusiast. i hope you will overlook my ignorant inquires until i get my feet planted on this completely new and different technology for my feeble brain. i am slow, but i eventually will get it. thanks john

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome aboard... the people here are great and we love to share our passion for the best bike I have ever owned. The Raider is fun to ride and I can't stop smiling whenever I ride. If you have any questions do not be afraid to ask!!
Later

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey John -

Welcome to Raider Central, thanks for checking us out :wave:

Coming off a Triumph? Very nice bikes, but this is certainly a different animal. Any questions at all, post 'em here, you'll get more answers than you'll need. The passion of the guys on this forum is second to none.

If you've got something specific you need, please feel free to email me [email protected]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yea welcome John.TEHE Iam newer than John so lets see if he welcomes me.We are both misfits from the rocket sites. John is the one that told me about this site today. Thanks John and try to behave yourself here or Ill tell Hombre your here. Jack :wave: :wave: :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
A welcome to you to busajack, glad to have you on the board!! Congrats on the raider purchase they are AWESOME!!!!!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Thanks gang,just gettin started and trying my hand at posting picts. Jack

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
busajack -welcome! glad to see you on here. now i know i'm not the only dummy on this site! you better get to work. a bunch of these guys have a huge head start on you with their mods. just to forwarn all of you, busajack keeps his bikes "super-clean!" we think maybe he uses big family paks of q-tips?? if you want to see attention to detail --watch his work. like me, you'll be envious---but you'll also pick up a bunch of ideas you never thought of. that dry nevada/colorado air maybe. john

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Jeezze John thanks,(blushing)John is one hell of a customizer himself.John I just found a deal on Q tips at wally world. 1000 for two dollars but there generic. Plastic instead of wood.And lacquer thinner disolves them. Yea a lot of these guys are way ahead of me on mods but Iam ahead of you. Get your shet together and go get one.This thing is more fun than eaten bugs.Ive got so many ideas I have to write them down at 3 in the morning.Lends itself to customizing more so than the rocket. Remember all the crap under the Rocket tank well the raider has it under the seat and tank.Just learning from these guys what I can get rid of.Just the pipes takes about 35 lbs off. Not as bad as that 14 lb. cat on the rocket though.Studing the difference between our old 240 -16 and the 240 -18 metz. A lot more sizes avail. for the Raider.Got my fender bib complete and like it.Total cost was 2.89 cents. Remember iam cheaper than you.You found me a rear fender yet or do I have to make it from old Hog parts. Remember us bitching about the rear tire only going about 6000 on the rocket,same with the raider. But I have 800 miles on the ZX14 and the center is flat already. If you play you have to pay. Working on a tire made of hocky puck rubber now.If it works Ill be a million air. Ok enough BS Ive gotta get back to the belt guard I was painting. Though it was plastic but its allum.anodised.Later Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts