MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of offer should I make for the Black Raider with Cobra Drag Pipes. I know Harley does not come off retail, but I have read of some good deals on the Raider. I saw where one guy got one for $11,700 before taxes and tags.

Any hints. I want to walk in prepared and with cash.

This forum is awesome. Thanks Y'All.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It is a tough call. It would really depend on the dealer. Around here, the dealer stays at retail for hte most part. I got my Red S for 13,500.00 out hte door. Only because he misquoted me the price. And when he realized it, he said it was his fault so he stuck by it. Cash doesn't mean what it used to. Even with financing the dealer gets all his money and if oyu default, the bank comes after you not the dealer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah and i was told that these things are selling so well that the dealer i bought mine from wished he could raise the price, but i still talked him into taking the price of the sales tax off the total price, you could try that ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the Raider S in Tommy Blue for $12,799 before tax and tags.
I had a hard time pulling them down from the MSRP of $13,799
But I would have paid the MSRP if I had to. After I test drove a Raider I was sold and would pay but thank god I have a good wife that knows how to work a deal. I would have gave in.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I paid $13,300 for the blue S and I did not negotiate at all. If you really love that crossbones, HD will come off msrp, if you are patient. Domestic Harley sales are down. I own a new Raider because the Harley dealer called me four times in the past year to offer me a bike (2007 Dyna Wide Glide at a reduced price) $18700msrp $14500(last quote plus they offered to overpay on my trade) and I did take less in trade from Yamaha. Friend got a FatBoy for $7000.00 0ff retail.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I paid $11,700 for the Blue S and the hole package (wind shield, saddle bags, engine guards, back rest and the rack), AH, 4 years warranty all for $14,433.
SWEEEEET.

The Fastest....
Own one and enjoy life Bro.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I paid $13.7 OTD Blue "S" with Fender rack and useless engine guards and dont regret it one iota.. try to get a deal but you wont be disappointed no matter what you pay. trust me, I just passed 400miles and I swear this thing is getting smoother and more powerful by the mile.. Cant wait to see what it does after my pipes, PC3 and BAk are installed. wooooohoooooo :pepper2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I filled out the "get a quote" form for a couple dealers. One in Ohio (I am here for 4 more weeks) and the other in NC. I said I would pay $13,300 out the door with Cobra Drag pipes for the Black Raider. I am probably way too low, but we will see. I am going to buy the first of May, so I can look around at different dealers. Will let you all know what kind of response I get.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got what I would consider a deal here in roch n.y.....I paid 12 for my raven raider from CYCLE STOP of rochester. The people there were actually very patient with me as i was a pain in the ass...I started out wanting a customized streetbob they had... but didnt want to spend 17K...then thought about the x-bones when they got one in stock...started all the work, then said nevermind too much money for the bike.....then came back a month later when I saw the raider online and found out that they had one on the sales floor.... I fell in lust instantly with the style and the price...and what it came with for that price. I dont like chrome so I opted for black, and will be de-chroming and powder coating or ceramic coating anything that isnt already black...and im going to have my buddy hand paint in small old school pins stripe lettering... "[email protected] Bling" ;D :icon_twisted: (Sorry short story....Longer)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks 55, that is a heck of price for a heck of bike....Is also The Fastest.
Just take one look at that MONSTER on the front page.
YOZER...

·
Registered
826 Posts
I got my Red S out the door with tax and title for $13,700 which was the very best i could do around here in KS. I called every dealer in the stae and only found 5 bikes that were not spoken for 2 Black and 1 Red non S 1 Blue and 1 Red S. They were scattered all over the state and most dealers were not budging off of sticker and the one with the Blue S actually wanted a thousand more than sticker. (I told him he was nuts and he said he owned a dealership out in CO that was getting it on everyone they sold)

My suggestion is just go in with a number in mind and if they can't or wont get there be prepared to walk out. You would be amazed what turning down an offer and then sitting on a bike another week will do to a dealer.

Good liuck and welcome to the addiction that is the Raider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i paid 11,ooo, with 77 miles on it,i drove 5 hours to pick it up,
mad a weekend out of it,and had quality time with my son.
it was well worth the trip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts