MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes we throw caution to the wind and hang it out there. This is the fastest I have had my bike up to before I chickened out.

This was on the return side of our Grand Canyon trip. Note the 1400 miles

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know, just call me chicken. When I get going that fast, all I can think about is all the things that can go wrong. I guess I have watched too many of the utube videos of guys crashing at high speed. Even saw one where a deer ran across the road and jumped over the guy.

Now if there was a road that I knew was clear and no cars on it, I guess I could let it all hang out.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
155 is the fastest I've been on a bike so far. Things happen pretty fast at that speed. Not sure what my V-Strom will do but one of these day's I'm going to find out. I've hit 125 and it still felt plenty strong. I'm like Silver in that my mind always go to... hum I wonder what would happen if my front tire blew right now? or, whatever. Whatever it is, it's really gonna hurt. When I feel the need for speed I do try and pick my spots so I can at least be as safe as possbile.

D.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Nothing chicken about 127

I think the fastest was about 125 on my SV. Tires (and the air in them) heat up real fast - felt like they were made out of concrete, not to mention lack of any kind of fairing makes in kinda hard to hold on.

The stupid part was that I high-sided that same bike doing no more than 10, and that was enough to send my flying - stupid gravel :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah and then just picture what would happen at triple digit speeds. I know I don't want to find out. yikes01

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now that's funny right there...I don't care who you are.

(Unless you or a loved one are a victim of a crazy squid.)

Of course I am sure you did it safely.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so an update on this topic. The 127 I did was on my M109. Now since I have purchased my C14, my new top speed is 160mph. It was still climbing, but I got a little wiggle, and that was that. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts