MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
looks good, if i was gonna put a windshield on it would have to look like that, somethig short that went with the lines of the bike anyway looks good nj ;D

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great feature of the Switchblade shields is that you can pop them on and off the bike in a couple of seconds w/out tools. You can leave it on the bike for longer rides and cooler days, and then take it off when you want to cruise down to the local bike night.

·
Registered
826 Posts
do you have much seat time with it yet? How tall are you? and that looks like the shorter shield...correct?? your thoughts on the shield at highway speeds, sorry for all the questions just been looking at these for my next mod and want to make sure i buy once and get it right. I read somewhere else that they had to install a second set of mounts on the NC mount as they thought it was twisting at high speed. If you could comment on these points it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i bought a wind shield for a victory its small and black looks great kind of cafe stile and its only 90 bucks from victory
with mounts

·
Registered
373 Posts
You got pictures and where did you get it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
it also looks way better on the raider than on the victocrap

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eian31 said:
do you have much seat time with it yet? How tall are you? and that looks like the shorter shield...correct?? your thoughts on the shield at highway speeds, sorry for all the questions just been looking at these for my next mod and want to make sure i buy once and get it right. I read somewhere else that they had to install a second set of mounts on the NC mount as they thought it was twisting at high speed. If you could comment on these points it would be much appreciated.
Don't worry about it, bro, that's what we're here for...

I just installed the shield on Tues night, so I don't have any seat time with it yet. I'll be taking it out this afternoon. There's still a couple of adjustments that I might have to make regarding the height and rake of the shield, which are both adjustable.

It's certainly a shorter shield - I like the top of the screen to be approx level with my nose (as funny as that sounds). This tends to offer plenty of protection against wind blast, directing most of it over my head, while allowing me to see over the top of the shield. I do not want to look through a windshield, as even the best screens tend to distort your view somewhat.

I'll post more info once I've taken it out at highway speeds.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Luke,
how tall are you? I am looking for a windshield for my Fastest RED S. Does this windshield hook to the bars? And is the screen level with your nose? I see that there is a pretty good gap between the headlight and the shield, how much wind do you get from there? Ok no more questions LOL.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Last Saturday, Dealer installed my windshield, Saddle bags, backrest without padding (still on back order). I have to say it seems like it is a little unstable when I am riding at 60 miles an hr.

It looks very nice and I love the way is becoming. I ordered the Tank Bag and is on its way. I am looking at at few places for license plat either side or back, I haven't decided yet.

This question is for NJ.
I never had a bike before so I can't compare mine with my old bike, but is it normal when you put in to the 1st gear and changing to 2nd and 3th is making a click or I should say Hard click?

I don't know if I should be concern and have the dealer check it out. I only have 150 miles on it so maybe it correct itself later.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rick there is a hissing sound also coming from that area also but I am concern more about the shaking a little.
R U STILL BRAGGING ABOUT RED being faster? Give it up body.. U know Blue rules.
hahahahah

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ben,
you have a hissing sound coming from where? And yes, you know I will always Brag about my Pretty RED S. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got back from some highway flogging with the new shield, I can sum it up by saying I'm sold...

This model kept the wind blast completely off my torso, which is what causes most of the fatique on longer rides. I was wearing a half helmet, and certainly got some wind in my face, but nothing uncomfortable. I took it up to about 90, and it was still fine. More than the blast at that point was the wind noise, which was more of a roar at that speed.

WA - This version comes with Raider specific hardware that attaches to the fork tubes, which allows more flexibility in mounting height. I'm on the shorter side, but I blame my ridiculous inseam - my torso's pretty average, I've got the shield at the highest position, which is level with my nose. I felt no wind from the space above the light. On our bike, there's enough hardware above the light, not to mention the front of the tank, that blocks a lot of the wind.

BA - On these bikes, the clunk you hear when shifting is normal. You might notice some differences the more miles you accumulate. The hissing (some might say whirring) sounds you hear are typical of the Star air-cooled, pushrod motors, going back to the original Road Stars.

·
Registered
826 Posts
which one would you recommend for me I am 6'3 but I am with you on not wanting to look through the shield but just over it? Did you notice any flex in the mounts at high speed?
Thanks again for all your help here NJ

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ok Luke, I am not seeing it. All the ones I saw on their web site connected to the bars in some fashion. I saw a couple that had the switchblade connections on the fork tubes, but they also had connections on the bars. I may be looking at the wrong thing (Been known to happen). What model number did you get? I am with you not real tall (5'9) but my torso is normal (short legs)

·
Registered
826 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts