MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Directed to Nomadken (CNC Guru)

Would it be difficult costly to manufacture new rear fender struts?

I want to clean-up the rear fender area and black the struts, but would prefer less 'fussy' struts before I do that. Maybe still have themed struts but not as bullk or pronounced as the stock ones.

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
82 Posts
until nomad replies---not difficult---but costly---big chunk of metal to start with. computer time to program cnc. and cnc time. carl haas stays out of jail by selling machines--keeping them running! ---$$ --john

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jlm205 said:
until nomad replies---not difficult---but costly---big chunk of metal to start with. computer time to program cnc. and cnc time. carl haas stays out of jail by selling machines--keeping them running! ---$$ --john
Do you think the stock ones could be 'cleaned up' i.e. do they have enough meat to reshape/smooth out some of the angles/bumps?

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
82 Posts
nope!! i don't like the sumbeeches myself---looks like an asian ass on a big-boned southern gal! but changes cost $$.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jlm205 said:
nope!! i don't like the sumbeeches myself---looks like an asian ass on a big-boned southern gal! but changes cost $$.
I budgeted for a HD rocker - I was looking for a bar hopper to share the garage with my Warrior. I was lucky I saw the Raider, and even luckier that it saved me 10,000USD...that's now my Raider enhancement budget.

When I bought the Raider I already had the modifications decided. I have the inverted front-end, 19 inch billet wheel and sleak fender from a Victory Hammer (was on my Vegas Jackpot, but all the chrome plating leapt off the first time I washed it, so I went back to the stock Jackpot front end).

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mortons is in the process of designing a new, cleaner set. Please, as many people that call asking for this will surly help this project along.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jlm205 said:
pretty dumb questions from a smart fellow like you?
There's smart and there's smart...Great at maths, keen eye for style, web technology, electrics, electronics and telecoms, no problem...machining and that stuff I don't know squat...I'd end tangled up in there with my triple trees and fender struts!

I'd rather appear a little dumb by asking, than really dumb by screwing it up...And, thanks for the compliment!

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
530 Posts
scooter said:
jlm205 said:
but all the chrome plating leapt off the first time I washed it, so I went back to the stock Jackpot front end).

Cheers,

Scooter
What? Off the Raider?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NHRAIDER said:
scooter said:
jlm205 said:
but all the chrome plating leapt off the first time I washed it, so I went back to the stock Jackpot front end).

Cheers,

Scooter
What? Off the Raider?
No. the chrome plating issue was with my Victory Vegas Jackpot...it was one of a number of issues I had with the Victory: not only did the chrome peel from the front end, but from a other components too; HID headlight fell to pieces within 1 month of purchase; engine wouldn't run on 91 octane fuel as claimed; seat filled with water; O2 sensor blank blew out of the exhaust, fuel pump fell to pieces inside the fuel tank - all these faults occured before the bike was 1 year old!. Needless to say, now it's repaired, I'm selling it!

The Raider is a dream. And, it's a Raven so very little chrome. There wiil be none by the end of the year!

Cheers,

Scooter

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Scooter just get rid of the struts alltogether. Put brackets under fender and fill holes. If you dont have anyone on the back you dont need much support just for the fender. This one was welded to the frame but can be done with just brackets under the fender. Jack

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Just get the plasma cutter or sazall out and go for it.. Anyone can restore but it takes a man to cut one up. :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Thats an EMC blower and I dont think there still around.Were in Ohio.Supercharging V Twins is kinda like black magic. Not enough intake plenium volume to make them efficient.Think thats why you don't see to many on Hardlys compaired to the amount of Hardlys. Have never tried a turbo on a VTwin but would like to. Send your donations and Ill tell you how they work. LOL Jack :icon_razz: ;D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
busajack said:
Scooter just get rid of the struts alltogether. Put brackets under fender and fill holes. If you dont have anyone on the back you dont need much support just for the fender. This one was welded to the frame but can be done with just brackets under the fender. Jack
Jack, Thanks...

That's a neat way to do it...I don't intend carrying a passenger, so the weight on the fender is not an issue...

Also, it seem having some struts custom made to directly replace stock is going to work out very expensive...better to use the budget a little more wisely!

Cheers,

Scooter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts