MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Raider co-owner with my bank :) I liked my former Boulevard, but I love my Raider. I live in Knoxville, TN. and I am trying to factory break in as quick as possible; only 350 miles as of today. I am wanting some Vance & Hines 2into1 BR in black. I will prolly have to have them powder coated, as I did not see black avail @ V & H web site. I saw a set on a H.D. this past Sunday. :icon_twisted: I can't wait. I have the standard red & black, I had to look around a bit to find it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Mon -

Congrats on your latest acquisition! You'll certainly get more out of it than any financial institution...

Regarding the pipes, hang in there a bit and wait and see what happens the rest of the season. The bike is still really new and the aftermarket is still catching up. You can be sure we'll be on top of anything that comes out.

Did you see our petition to V&H?

http://raiderperformance.com/VHpetition.htm

What S'Zook did you ride?

·
Registered
157 Posts
raidermon said:
I am a new Raider co-owner with my bank :) I liked my former Boulevard, but I love my Raider. I live in Knoxville, TN. and I am trying to factory break in as quick as possible; only 350 miles as of today. I am wanting some Vance & Hines 2into1 BR in black. I will prolly have to have them powder coated, as I did not see black avail @ V & H web site. I saw a set on a H.D. this past Sunday. :icon_twisted: I can't wait. I have the standard red & black, I had to look around a bit to find it. :)
Grats mon! I called V & H a week ago about the Big Radius in black. They said as of right now there have been apx. 7 orders for the pipe. They want to wait and see what demand is before making them in black for the Raider. I was thinking about the same thing, getting them powder coated. the other thing they said was they probable won't be available until June or July.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Guys just to bring ya up to date, powder coat will burn off the exhuast.I think you might mean ceramic coat them black.
Powder coat is not as durable as has been touted. Lacquer thinner will soften powder coatings but will not soften the new urethane paints unless left on for hours. :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coyote said:
Grats mon! I called V & H a week ago about the Big Radius in black. They said as of right now there have been apx. 7 orders for the pipe. They want to wait and see what demand is before making them in black for the Raider. I was thinking about the same thing, getting them powder coated. the other thing they said was they probable won't be available until June or July.
[/quote]
Thanks. Maybe I will call them. At least they will know one more body interested. My choice local shop told me 4-6 week back order for those V&H 2-1BR. :-\

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
busajack said:
Guys just to bring ya up to date, powder coat will burn off the exhuast.I think you might mean ceramic coat them black.
Powder coat is not as durable as has been touted. Lacquer thinner will soften powder coatings but will not soften the new urethane paints unless left on for hours. :wave: :wave:
I suppose ceramic coat is best. I am wondering if the heat shields would hold up better if I wraped the pipes underneath the shields? Any one else done this with other pipes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts