MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Just ordered my Cobra Dragsters. I need help finding the fuel processor everyone I called is out of stock till end of May.
Anybody know who has them in stock?

Thanks
Reychig13

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys I order my dragster from metricthunder.com I always get great service from them. They even matched the price from another webiste for $375.00. Thanks to NJ I ordered my FI2000R from directlineparts.com. I was told by them I didnt need the closed loop one unless my bike was from California. Does anybody know if thats true?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ummm, I might be mistaken but i thought you needed the closed loop system if you were still running an O2 sensor and i believe the dragsters still utilize it. I have the slashdowns and I kno wthey do.

Can some1 confirm closed loop for maintaining o2 sensor and if gone the other is fine?? Or am I just having another senior moment???

·
Registered
373 Posts
As I stated in an earlier post:

You can actually use either one. With that said, if the pipes you have or are wanting to get have the bung for the o2 sensor, Then why not just get the closed loop one. You already have the stuff in place so use it. Plus it is better for the environment( so they say). If the pipes you have or want do not have the bung for the 02 sensor, then do not get the closed loop setup. If you have the o2 sensor bung and choose to not get the closed loop, just leave the o2 sensor hooked to the pipes and disconnect it from the connector under the seat. If you try to run 02 sensor and the FI2000r non closed loop together, the computer and the FI 2000r will be fighting each other for the proper fuel ratio.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah what WA said.... Thanks Rick!!! Somehow I always seem smarter after reading your posts. Cudos to you my friend!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
eian31 said:
Yeah what WA said.... Thanks Rick!!! Somehow I always seem smarter after reading your posts. Cudos to you my friend!!
Thanks, but i only seem smart in my own mind LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts