MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to dis NC, but I'm having real problems with their windshield offerings for the Raider. They seem to have spent little or no money on R & D. I initially purchased the chopped (14") but the buffeting was so intense over about 65 mph that I had to hold on to my glasses so they wouldn' fall off. It was obviously to short -- it would only go up to 54" off the ground (to top of shield). I need 56" to be level with the tip of my nose -- I believe the proper height. So I returned it thru my dealer and got the 2-up model (both were switchblades by the way). This one is great except it is too tall (about 58" to the top of the shield at the lowest position). Unfortunately, the headlight cut-out is way off so that you can't lower it. I now have to cut out the bottom of the shield to clear the headlight so that I can lower it to the 56" height I need. (there's about 3 1/2" of fork left below the quick release brackets) I'm about 5' 10" and weigh about 190 lbs. -- a pretty avg. guy. Don't you think they would have engineered these shields a bit better than this? Just a word to the wise!

Mr. Max

1 - 2 of 2 Posts