MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone going down to Myrtle Beach Bike Week? Runs from May 9th - May 18th. I'll be there from the 8th - 13th. It would be cool to see the Raiders make a showing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am in Camp Lejeune, NC and I am trying to talk the wife into letting me go. also my parents live there so I have a place to stay. if yall are setting anything up let me know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, SSB Original always has alot going on as well as the SSB Four Corners. I'll be hitting both. I'm on the beach at about 1st Avenue South...Just perfect for splitting the difference between Merrils Inlet and North Myrtle Beach. Maybe just prior to heading down we can arrange a meeting place. I'm not sure if Star is coming down...I'm going to check into that and see. That would be a good place to meet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just took a look at the Star schedule and they are going to be there in Myrtle Beach at Broadway at the Beach. That's where Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock Cafe are at. Unfortunately for me they don't get there until the 14th, the day after I leave.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah we get ther on the 15th. I might check out Star. I know Myrtle pretty well. I've been going there (not bike week) all my life. This will be my first bike week. We'll probably go to the Dog House and HB Spokes up Hwy 9---probably Ocean Annies one day. I'm being told if you go from Merrils Inlet to North Myrtle, it'll take about 3 hrs. Is that true?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, I've never experienced anything like that....unless your stopping at all the bike venders/events. Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach get jacked up sometimes on Hwy 17 Business but nothing like 3 hrs unless there's some kind of major accident. Plus now you have the 31 By-pass that gets you from 501 to NMB in no time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok let me be the first.My cell # is 919-868-9433.If any wants to meet up some where & show up at HB or SBB as a group ride give me a call.I'll be rolling in Tue night or Wed morning . :icon10: :icon10: :icon10: :icon10: :wave:

·
Registered
33 Posts
i live in charleston which is an hour away and i just bought my raider one month ago and ill be there. i would love to meet some other raider owners to hang out and ride. ill be in myrtle beach only on the weekends b/c i work during the week and i cannot get off of work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dirtman1,
I lived in North Charleston ( Ashley Phosphate Rd) and Goose Creek just prior to joining the Navy 20 years ago. Also lived on Isle of Palms when I was just a kid. Was just down visiting my daughter about 3 weeks ago. I'll be in MB the first weekend of bike week.

Crossfire...I'll be on my way out on Wednesday...If you get in early enough on Tuesday give me a call.

Jeff
757-323-5347

·
Registered
33 Posts
VTWINWS6
i will give ya a call when i get to myrtle beach and see about gettin up and riding. is everyone meeting in a certain place on a certain day?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heading to MB tommorrow morning. Should be a good 8 hours on the road with the stops. It looks like it's going to be hit or miss on the rain....about 30% chance all the way down. Odds are good I'll be dry more than wet. It don't matter....can't wait to hit the road in the am.

Crossfire, it looks like I'll be leaving on Tuesday so I probably won't be seeing you down there. Dirtman, give me a call if you get there before the 13th. If we don't meet up you guys have a good time and be safe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
vtwin sorry Im going to miss you.Maybe we will meet up on the road some where.Im leaving to go down at about 7am wed morning.Hope to see all yall down there some where.

·
Registered
134 Posts
All the vendors are suposed to be at hard rock Park this year. I am trying to talk my wife into letting me go this weekend. hopfully i can.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will be down there on saturday. So i hope some of the vendors will be there but i can only stay for the day

1 - 18 of 18 Posts