MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Boy, Me too. I have heard on this list V&H has no plans to make these but they are just what we need. The cobra swept are too long and drag and the Morton's are cheep and not worth the money, both are a compromise but these are real thing! I so want a pipe like these with full heat shields. I hate to buy one of the inferior ones above and then have to buy something better like these when they come out.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Add me to that list!! I saw these pipes a while ago, and have just been dreaming that they could be mine... but I figured I had no chance of getting Palhegyi to give up the "one-off" status of these pipes just for me, BUT, maybe if we all band together and someone (NJ, hint...hint; wink...wink...) could manage to get a hold of him and show the support we'd have for these pipes; we JUST MIGHT have a chance???

·
Registered
499 Posts
Please!!!

... and the list grows...

·
Registered
53 Posts
THESE are the pipes that I am waiting for. No one seems to want to make them (insane) and I will settle for nothing short of them. Style and function!!

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I've had the same dream, guys, more than once.

I spoke with Jeff Palhegyi (over email) about those pipes. They're one-offs, made from Vance & Hines parts. Unfortunately, JP is a strictly custom-design shop, and won't be making more....

...BUT...

he also said this: "I have good influence with Vance & Hines and I am trying to get them to
produce that pipe (hope they do)" - JP

Let's see what happens if enough of us approach V&H begging and pleading for those pipes. There's strength in numbers...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, those are the ones that caught my eye first, too. Then when I heard they wouldn't be produced I started leaning towards the Cobra swept pipes. Now that I hear those pipes drag, I'm back to wishing/wanting for these again! Best pipes I've seen on the Raider so far, bar none.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey NJRaider,

Maybe you could some up with some sort of petition. I'd gladly sign it!
Perhaps people from the "Raider and Raider S" Forum as well?
Anywhere there's a Raider rider, get the word out! They'd sell a lot of those pipes!!!

Count me in!!!!!

Vintagecar1957 - Denver, CO!!!

P.S., the "Teutul's" at "American Chopper" (OCC Choppers) were also a one-off custom design shop,
and now they have their "production" line of bikes!

P.S.-P.S. check these out: http://www.bmschoppers.com/eshopprod_cat_1479-11366_product_238178.EXECUTIONERS.htm

I didn't see anything for the Raider yet, but they might, since it's the hottest selling bike in the country right now!
The pipes on that Warrior look pretty decent!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Guys...I am IN...IN...IN!! I think those are the best ones I have ever seen yet. Man...what can the little man do here. Someone needs to bug the SH$% out of whom ever makes them to get them to production. Those are BADA$#!

KK

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Vintage -

I'm totally on-board with petition idea!! :agree:

Let me work on it today and let's see how many sigs we can get. We'll start here, and I'll post it on RaiderPerformance as well. If anyone from the other forum wants to join us, we'll welcome their names also.

I'll post a new message when the petition's ready, but if you want to get a head start and sign, email me [email protected]

Only problem with the BMS Executioners is that they're actually Mortons. They do have some other "interesting" pipes for the *Liners. They actually don't fit the Raider based on how the engine sits in the frame, but they said they're working on "something". Also, their pipes don't come with any baffles or power cones to maintain any backpressure, so I suspect they're more show than go.
http://www.bmschoppers.com/eshopprod_cat_1479-11366_product_425234.BMS_GUILTY_EXHAUST.htm

(think they'll be loud? :eek:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
FaZt1 said:
Yep, those are the ones that caught my eye first, too. Then when I heard they wouldn't be produced I started leaning towards the Cobra swept pipes. Now that I hear those pipes drag, I'm back to wishing/wanting for these again! Best pipes I've seen on the Raider so far, bar none.
Thanks for all the great info guys...I am a prior owner of a Meanstreak, Harley Deuce and now came to my senses and picked up the new 08 Raider S "Da Beast!" ;D I have been reading up and usually have had Vance & Hines on most of my Bikes but decided on the Cobra Swept Pipes and now have concerns due to your remarks about dragging? Per the pics they seemed high enough off the ground to avoid dragging although I have already taken the bike down to the pegs on my sweeping back roads here in No KY. Can I get some confirmation from someone who has them on their bike how low you have to lean before dragging? Have a Great One and Ride Safe Gang! Sparky Out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sparky said:
Can I get some confirmation from someone who has them on their bike how low you have to lean before dragging? Have a Great One and Ride Safe Gang! Sparky Out!
There is at least one topic on these forums about the swept pipes dragging.

Here:

http://www.mybikeforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,311.0.html

And others on other Raider forums. The pipe actually drags before the footpeg. I don't ride all that aggressively and I've drug both footpegs already.

I'll still wait for some feedback from Cobra on the dragging issue and keep them as a potential pipe, but if there's any hope at all that the Palhegyi pipes would be made ... I'm all over them!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sparky said:
Thanks for all the great info guys...I am a prior owner of a Meanstreak, Harley Deuce and now came to my senses and picked up the new 08 Raider S "Da Beast!" ;D I have been reading up and usually have had Vance & Hines on most of my Bikes but decided on the Cobra Swept Pipes and now have concerns due to your remarks about dragging? Per the pics they seemed high enough off the ground to avoid dragging although I have already taken the bike down to the pegs on my sweeping back roads here in No KY. Can I get some confirmation from someone who has them on their bike how low you have to lean before dragging? Have a Great One and Ride Safe Gang! Sparky Out!
I had to lean quite aways to get mine to drag. Yes they dragged before the footpegs. The reason the pics seem higher is because the production version of the pipe is different than the pics on the websites. It can also be a product of hte corner that you going around. If the corner has a high side and you are on the low side the pipes or pegs will drag sooner than a flat corner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thx for the quick reply FaZt1...Maybe these pipes will mellow me out some...lol

Although, I agree if they will make the Palhegyi pipes I will also be all over it...Where do we sign the petition 8)

Come on Vance & Hines...Da Raider Riders are ready for some awesome pipes for our new Beasts!

FYI...I spoke with Andre who is in Customer Service and the Engineering Department with Cobra and they are looking into the dragging issues with the Cobra Swept Pipes and he plans to get back with me and I will post an update...Sparky Out!

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
OK guys -

Have at it -

Here's the petition http://raiderperformance.com/VHpetition.htm

if you want to add your name, I'll need your name, address, email, blah x 3... I WILL NOT PUBLISH your last name, email or address on-line or on the site - I'll just record it for the final version that we deliver in print to Vance & Hines.

Let's see what we can do...

·
Registered
236 Posts
These are "The Set" for this bike. I drool over the picture everytime I see it. I already put a long answer on the petition thread. I love this set and need it for the love of god!!! I really don't want to "settle " on the Morton's or Cobra's either. SIGN THE PETITION!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I looked at Vance and Hine's website and these pipes look very similar (if not identical) to the V&H 2-2 pipes. Now if you agree, I emailed V&H about 2 months ago asking about their BR 2-2 series and here's what they said...kind of funny actually.

There are no plans to make the BR 2-2 for the Raider. They R&D’d it but it was way too loud. So we will just be offering the BR 2-1.

Thank you

--

Ryan Lewis

Sales/ Tech. Support
Vance & Hines Racing
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(800) 592-2529 ext. 136
Fax: 562-802-0110
www.vanceandhines.com

WAY TOO LOUD...ARE YOU KIDDING!! :censored: HOPEFULLY THEY WILL HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I sent an email earlier today... prior to the creation of the petition.

Here is the response: (let's keep this thread alive and spread the word!!)

I will forward on the appropriate people. I suggest having more Raider people call in for INCREASED DEMAND. Always the best way to go.

--
Regards,

Scott Takata
Technical Support

Tel: 562.921.7461
Tel: 800.592.2529
Fax: 562.802.0110

[email protected]
http://www.vanceandhines.com

Vance & Hines Performance
13861 Rosecrans Avenue, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-5207

·
Registered
113 Posts
You know what else would be nice. The handlebar clamp to the forks from Jeff Palhegyi designed. It has the “Raider” stamped into it. You can also add me to the list of ppl that would like the pipes.

·
Registered
499 Posts
DAZZ:

NJRAIDER needs the following...

if you want to add your name, I'll need your name, address, email, blah x 3... I WILL NOT PUBLISH your last name, email or address on-line or on the site - I'll just record it for the final version that we deliver in print to Vance & Hines.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts