MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a cobra fuel controler and swing arm covers a month ago from the mortons site and still have not got them yet,and they have not answered my e mail,and there phone is always busy ,anyone else having this problem or is it just me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Didnt recieve mounting brackets for my pipes. Emailed them about it twice and got a response both times. Going to be calling them tommarow about the bracket. will let you know

·
Registered
671 Posts
heard a lot of negative abt Morton's. i don't go to their site because of it, word of mouth is a killer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SISCAKIDD said:
I ordered a cobra fuel controler and swing arm covers a month ago from the mortons site and still have not got them yet,and they have not answered my e mail,and there phone is always busy ,anyone else having this problem or is it just me.
Ordered frame cover using paypal. Received in less than a week. No problems! exception to the rule?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I suppose I'm another exception to the rule. I ordered their custom frame cover and received it promptly. I suppose it's a hit or miss with them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6 WEEKS STILL NOTHING,WTF!!! AM I BEING TO IMPATIENT OR WHAT, THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM PAY PAL THAT DAY BUT I HAVE TO WAIT AN WAIT WAIT, :rant-rave: :rant-rave: :rant-rave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been waiting 6 weeks so far for my pipes, but I have been able to talk to them every time I call. I usually call early in the a.m., I even talked to Doug Morton a couple times.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone bought the pipes from Tejas Thump Cycles? I heard they were the Mortons pipes. Ive only been waiting 3 weeks so far but i have called several times and emailed twice with no answer or reply. Also, where is the bluing showing up at that is past where the heat shields cover?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Spoke with them today. They said they had problems with their chrome plating people and switched, and thats the reason for delay on that item. All should be back to normal next week. I'm interested in those chrome swing covers too, and the black cover for that mess of wiring down low.
Are those chrome swing cover inserts an easy install??

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Problem with chrome plating people" is a crock, I am on week 6 now (after being told 3-5 weeks) and I ordered the ceramic black powder coated ones. As for the swing arm covers, you will have to remove your axle to install a spacer that will offset the threads from sticking out past the plane of the swingarm on the nut side. Not really complicated if you have the right tools, i.e. bike jack.

·
Registered
155 Posts
About a month and a half ago I ordered the chrome swing arm covers. I had had a few adult beverages (doesn't mix when shopping for bike stuff). A couple days later, I'm looking at the chrome covers on their web site. I changed my mind, that would be to much chrome back there. I called Mortons and asked if the chrome ones had shipped yet. Lucky me, I was told that they had a problem with their chromer and were sending a new batch to a different company. I changed my order to the "raw" swing arm covers. I received them in about a week. Painted them up to match the swing arms, they look pretty good. I have had pretty good luck with Mortons, I've ordered several things from them and will continue in the future. Sorry to here about your luck, hope it's an isolated case.

Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Problem with chrome plating people" is a crock, I am on week 6 now (after being told 3-5 weeks) and I ordered the ceramic black powder coated ones. As for the swing arm covers, you will have to remove your axle to install a spacer that will offset the threads from sticking out past the plane of the swingarm on the nut side. Not really complicated if you have the right tools, i.e. bike jack.
I have now been waiting just over 7 weeks for my pipes. When did you finally receive your pipes Micktaco? I was told last week they were still 2 weeks out! That will be a 2 month wait IF they come in this week.

·
Registered
233 Posts
:confused:I have been trying to get a hold off someone there for a week. No one answers the phone and no one answers emails. I would like to put a sizeable order in, but have questions, will this work, is this in stock, can I do this, can I do that... kind of dissapointed so far.

Should open up my own shop reading all these complaints. I couldn't operate my business like that and I'm a small firearms / tactical dealer.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Is anyone really happy with parts and service from these clowns.:aargh4:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I dont know about the parts yet but so far the service sucks. I have now been waiting 2 months for my pipes, (8 weeks) I ordered them thru Tejas Thump Cycles though so really it is the service there that is bad to me. Never answering the phone and hardly answering e-mails unless I sent them a nasty one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is anyone really happy with parts and service from these clowns.:aargh4:

I don't have any of thier parts, yet, (they won't return an email or answer phone) but from what I have read and seen:

Pipes blue in chrome and may turn white in black, they blame a lean condition.

Add $85 for heat shields that obviously should be on the pipes chrome ones anyway.

Add for the power cones that should be part of the pipes unless you want to loose tourque

Customer service seems to suck

It's unfortunate, they seem to have a lot of Raider parts, more than anyone else. Maybe they need more help? :cruiser:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Received my pipes after 2 months of waiting (I was told originally 3-5 weeks, not 8). I was given the excuse of "just hired a new welder". I will start out with the positives: I really love the style and sound. At normal riding they have a nice deep rumble, open her up and they are soooo loud. That being said, the quality sucks. The top bend in the back pipe obstructs your ability to get an allen wrench in to tighten it down properly. I had to cut down an allen wrench and use a wrench to turn it. There is trash inside the powder coat on the upper pipe (not what I expect for $700 + pipes), but even worst, the upper pipe sits further out from the bike than the lower one and upon my first ride into the mountains, you guessed it, it drags, and now looks like crap (Mortons has stated that this was fixed many months ago, not so much). I will be contacting Mortons in the morning to see what they will do to make it right, but I don't have my hopes up. I also ordered the frame guard from them while awaiting the pipes, once received I had to take it to my local powder coater to re-shoot it because the original flaked off (should have known then that quality wasn't a priority with them). Also ordered their BAK which included a mounting plate to neatly re-install all the wiring, vacuum lines, and crankcase filter in place of the old air box, the one I received was over cut on the crankcase filter slot and it looked like they hired Stevie Wonder to grind down the edges (basically, I thought they mistakenly sent me the template) and to top it off it fits like **** while held in with classic zip ties. Also the hose clamps sent with the kit are too small, when I told Doug Morton about this I received the classic response "no one else has had any problems". Once again this should have been a red flag to cancel the order for the pipes. I am a gluten for punishment I guess.

Only words of advise, stay clear of Mortons and wait for someone else to come out with a similar style. ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

FYI, with Mortons BAK, Morton pipes, power commander, and tuning by Revolutions Manufacturing here in Georgia, the Raider pumped out 92.7 max hp and 122 ft.lb. torque. But the numbers do not make up for the aggravation of dealing with a company that does not pride themselves on quality.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts