MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Mortons exhaust through dealer 4 weeks ago. Dealer call Pacific coast star who is there distributor for mortons. 2 more weeks out before first delivery of exhaust and all mortons pipes they had sent back to mortons to fix the dragging issue. Was the draging issue really that big of an issue

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I feel a little better. Just cant wait till I can get this stock exhaust off. It just looks lame. imho

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey NJ,
Am I looking at this all wrong? Any pipe will blue......... It is a matter of heat. The issue with Mortons bluing, isn't that they blue. All pipes will in time, but that the heat shield didn't cover the bluing entirely. On top of heat, could there be a tuning issue that could cause the pipes to blue faster? For other manufacturers of pipes, in the instructions we are told to clean the pipes with a good chrome polish. Any oils or debris from your hands will increase the chances of blue or spots.

Thanks for your input,
Brian

·
Registered
373 Posts
Brian, you are exactly right. All pipes will blue. The only difference is that the morotons heat shield (optional) does not cover all the areas of the pipes. I took the heat shield of my Swepts and you can see some bluing on them as well. But the heat shields cover the pipes 100% so you do not see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts