MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I believe the last thread I read said that all the "fit" issues have been resolved.

Although I believe they will still blue. :(

But... because you're looking at the black version... this may not be an issue for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the Delphi forum, there is a guy that has had problems with the black ones turning white. Morton's said is was because he had lean mixture on the bike. I am still not too convinced with these guys.

·
Registered
326 Posts
they told me they had there fitment issue fixed, dont know anyone that has bought them since then to ask though, and there is a vid on here somewhere of my pipes just cant remeber where i put it ;D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just purchased my Raider 3 weekends ago, the Dealer had installed the Morton exhaust in the showroom. I asked about a fuel management module they said it wasn't needed, The Yamaha system with o2 sensor would adjust to proper mixtures. Well I immediately had bad bluing and popping and cracking at deceleration. I purchased a cobra fuel management module with some improvement. I called Morton to get the low down. They said the stock system should indeed be able to adjust but have had some folks in Texas that required modules. They said it sounds like an exhaust leak, guess what.
The dealer called me this weekend doing my 600 mile oil/checkup and wanted the installation procedure that Morton recommended (snug the front then back cylinder,then clamp/then tighten front then back cylinder,then clamp/make sure the cones are seated square in exhaust)because there was an exhaust leak. They had to put 2 seals in the front exhaust to get the leak fixed and it's running great now. Going to leave the FMM on since I have it, may not need it though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, how you guys doin? Just joined this forum . Bought my red S in Feb. Have about 750 miles on it just did the service on it myself, oil filter and tranny oil, no problems pretty easy. I put the Mortons pipes on friday nite. Took me a month to get them , but then they said about 4 weeks to deliver so no complaints. The power cones had to be ground down just a little to fit in the port, but they tell you that in the instructions. Other then that, good fit ,went on easy, and man do they sound awesome. No popping when you let off guess the ECM did its job. Riding around with little throttle input the pipes are really pretty quiet as far as straight pipes go, but when you lay into it they do get really loud and sound like I said awesome!!!! Everyone will know your coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts