MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I road over 500 miles this weekend with 6 other riders. An assortment of Honda, Yamaha and Harley bikes. We started from Santa Maria, CA, up highway one towards Monterey. The road is very twisty, long climbs and turns. My Raider just handled so amazingly great. I can't believe how well built this bike is. The corning is great, acceleration, torque and even wind protection, no wind shield, was great. Three of my buddies wanted to swap bikes and rode my raider. Two of them own Harleys, Road King and Deuce. Well, put it this way, my buddy passed me on the Raider going 120 mph. He was amazed at the performance of this black beauty. One buddy wouldn’t give me the bike back, so I had to be a little persistent. All three loved the raider and I believe they will trade their bikes in for a Raider down the road.

Two issues I have with the Raider. Gas mileage is not great at all. I was filling up twice compared to the other bikes. I am sure that is a combination of riding style, engine size and gas tank size. If I am real easy on the throttle I get about 130 miles on a tang. I am hoping once bike breaks in more, gas mileage will go up. The other complaint is the location of the instruments. I was lower my head to look at the instruments. Besides that, no complaint. I have ridden bikes since I was 14 yrs old and for the money, the Raider is the best bike I have ever had. Before the Raider I had a 2006 Hayabusa. I have lots of pics of the ride if you all are interested. I have temporally placed pics on my sit, Safety page and scroll to the bottom of the page. Link for you all. Let me know what you all think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts