MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a group ride today. About 70 bikes. Way fun! Was 85º in Colorado today!
Filled up a block from the starting point.
Filled up again, before I got home.
Put 109 miles on it, only took 2.3 gallons of gas to top it off!

Just over 47 miles per gallon!
Oh yeah, a couple times, on some way out in the boonies straight-a-ways, I got it up to about 115.

Mileage is definitely improving!

I have about 1400 miles on it now.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Vintage,you do realize that our altitude allows us to get better mile :wave: :wave:age than sea level. THATS DYNOMITE MILEAGE.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I live in Chicago.

Don't ask me what my mileage is since I threw on my mods and had her properly tuned on a dyno.

I have this... "thing" that my wrist keeps doing when I'm on the bike... just keeps twisting and twisting and twisting... that is somehow magically tied to the funds in my wallet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got that same "magic" thing going on with the wrist and money coming out the wallet. Glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've just filled up today and average about 44mpg (near St Louis). The bike is still in break-in and I have bought some Mobil 1 V-twin 20W-50 and some Mobil 1 gear lube. Hopefully the synthetic may improve the mileage slightly when I do the first oil change.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Here in Washington been riding at sea level and also up in the mountains for 350 miles last weekend. Just got the bike a week ago and just rolled over 1000 miles yesterday. She seems to average 44-45 mpg and I even tried mid-grade on one tank instead of the higher octane. I did notice a slight knocking under pressure, so I guess I'll stick with the higher octane - at least for the break-in period.

I know what you guys mean about the wrist-twisting. I read somewhere that the top speed is 125. Well, assuming that the speedo is accurate, I've been over 125 a few times - just to see if she'd do it. It'll be more comfortable after I get the little windshield on it. My helmet keeps trying to lift my head off my shoulders at anything over 110.

I was on my way home cruising with 5 other guys from our 3red annual 3-pass blast when a guy on a crotch rocket rode a wheelie right past us. We were cruising at 80+ at the time, so he had to be doing at least 90+ on one wheel. If he had wobbled at all, I would have thought it was wreckless, but he was rock-steady and way cool to watch at that close range.

I'm looking forward to improving air flow and popping on a cool exhaust system when I get some extra $$. My guess is that if I stop twisting the throttle so hard I should see 47 MPG. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I noticed over the weekend that despite the added weight of my wife (although not a lot of weight) i averaged 45 miles to the gallon. The same "wrist thing" phenomenon seems to occur when I am alone because the bottom seems to fall out of the mileage, down to around 32-35. And it is only gonna get worse when the pipes and air filter arrive this week.

·
Registered
826 Posts
1st tank after the crossed coils and I am pleased to report that i went from 32-34 to just over 42 mpg on this tank with no change in driving habits. It is confirmed at least for me that you will get better economy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jocal said:
I noticed over the weekend that despite the added weight of my wife (although not a lot of weight) i averaged 45 miles to the gallon. The same "wrist thing" phenomenon seems to occur when I am alone because the bottom seems to fall out of the mileage, down to around 32-35. And it is only gonna get worse when the pipes and air filter arrive this week.
120 miles and she's getting real low. Course I like to hear the pipes. And I like being 1st at the light.

Later

Coyote

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just filled up today and average about 44mpg (near St Louis). The bike is still in break-in and I have bought some Mobil 1 V-twin 20W-50 and some Mobil 1 gear lube. Hopefully the synthetic may improve the mileage slightly when I do the first oil change.
Sounds great. This is the same oil and gear lube I would like to put in my new Raider I just hit 550 miles today. Let me know how that worked out. Thanks randy
http://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/images/smilies/agree.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
9200 miles on my beast, V&H 2-1 BR, Patrick Racing BAK, Power Commander V with auto tune Metz 240. I get 42 miles a gallon with some moderate throttle twisting. If i decide to ride her hard, 100+ MPH runs, some "See how fast I can get to 65mph" sprints and she drops to about 36mpg.

Stock seemed about the same mpg.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well I am happy to report with the mods in my sig, I just recorded the best mileage ever...44mpg or 149 mile with .8 gallons of gas to spare. Fuel light came on and I rode 5 miles to the filling station. The balance of power and economy as been achieved after sending the 10th trim map from the Autotune to the PCV. I am very pleased with the results. :tour:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts