MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you guys have this problem, but when I am making a sharp left Turn, I feel a fraction some how in my front end.
Just to be truthful I had a small incident at the parking lot of my job that I dragged the bike down. Thank GOD no damaged done to any chrome or paint, just a nice scratch but very small under my left engine guard and very minor scratch on my right mirror.
I don't exactly know when this dragging started, but I took the bike for 600 miles check up and they checked the bike soup to nuts and didn't find anything. Ofcourse I didn't say anything about the fraction or I didn't notice it.

I have checked the bike myself as well and I do not see any problem with anything there either.
Any suggestion Appreciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sound like rubbing against something, but everything is clear. I can not describe the sound. As far as dropping it...NEVER MIND THAT.
Just to say there was no damaged done to the bike just my ego

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Ben -

Sorry to hear about the parking lot mishap -

The friction that you're feeling - do you feel it in the steering/front end through the handlebars, or somewhere else on the bike? If you feel it through the front end, you might want to have the bearings checked in the steering head.

These little parking lot situations happen to everyone, regardless of experience... This past weekend we were at this popular bike hangout and I was parked on a bit of a slope. Don't ask me how it happened, but backing out of the spot and trying to turn around, the angle was off, and I got hung up on the kickstand (DUH, DUH). Couldn't get off the bike, couldn't kick up the stand, couldn't lean the bike the right way - some girl from another bike had to come over while I held the bike up and yank the stand up for me.

Bike is fine, of course, but the damage to my ego? - OUCH....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Luke, now I am obligated to tell you mine. I was also on a slop in the parking lot. I always shut the bike down in a 1st gear, that prevent rolling backward.

Make a story short, when I parked the bike I must of have my left signal on. I sat down on the bike but my head wasn't clear, I was debating, where to go for lunch. I had a clutch and start the bike, so far everything were Ok, I tried to put the bike in natural to do something, for a minute I looked down and saw the green turn signal light, immediately I thought I have the bike in natural, so I let go the clutch.
As my right hand still on the throttle, bike took off slowly but as I was thrown backwards, I kind of squeeze the throttle and bike took off more. Thanks GOD no one was around at that time, bike went to the sharp left, followed by sharp right and left again. Before you know it my face was on the windshield and front end twisted and went down.

I was lucky, I scrap my knee a little and on the bottom of my left engine guard and back of the right mirror.

I don't know, I supposed this being my 1st bike ever, I lucked out. and I picked up a great experience. Most of all I will always clear my head before jump on the bike again.

As far as the bike, making a right turn is fine no problem just when I am making a sharp left turn I hear like scrapping, not much but it is noticeable to me.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Ride safe.
Ben

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey Ben, I would say something like you are riding that Blue one to fast for itself., but I won't. ooops I did anyway, LOL. But seriously, Luke may have ht it on the head. Any time the bike goes down it jars the front end. I would get it checked. if it is in the rear of the bike, I would get that heat shield checked as it may be hitting. And as luke said, it doesn't matter how experienced you are, those things happen. We all drop our bikes at some point or another. Just part of owning a Bike. It happens, you get embarrased, you get over it. It is even worse if you are trying to impress a lady.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Blue,

It is probably your disc brake pads. I noticed it on mine just a fant scraping noise. Took it in to my shop and they did something to fix it. Now the bike has to go back to the shop as the check engine light keeps coming on. They think it is a bad injector. Hey and for droping the bike beats the time I laid my FZ1 over tring to get it up on the center stand. The bike started leaning way to much in the other direction. I was able to hold it off the ground for a while but as now one else around to help lift it back up I just had to let her down gently. My first street bike to and ouch the ego is steal healing from that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts