MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lowered the rear end of the Raider yet. I think you can adjust the suspension w/ out having to buy a kit, but not very sure. I think this bike would look a lot better if the rear sat about two inches lower over the rear tire. Any thoughts?
Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Buy the lowering kits you cant go low enough by adjusting the spring without softening the rear suspension to much. links are easy if you have a lift and the tools to do it if not have the dealer do it. and yes they look much better lowered as well as my short legs can actually reach the ground

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cox, I'm with you on that. I was about to post this question, but you beat me to it. Yeah, I think I would like it to be a bit lower, and tighter suspension.

Anyone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there any one who is making the kits other than the big suppliers. IMO they are over priced. The set of bones I bought for my old C50 cost less than 20.00.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sleepercell said:
Buy the lowering kits you cant go low enough by adjusting the spring without softening the rear suspension to much. links are easy if you have a lift and the tools to do it if not have the dealer do it. and yes they look much better lowered as well as my short legs can actually reach the ground
Sleeper...
Did lowering the bike have any negative affect on handling?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not really. actually though it was a little easier to handle. Suspension is a little stiffer feeling though. but would not change it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My question is for any of you guys that have lowered your bike..... do you ride with passengers and if so does it bottom out the bike?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I havent had any issues with bottoming out.I wish I had put a 1000lb spring under it when I lowered it.The spring will get rid of that bouncy feeling 8).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts