MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,I have a question and don't have my service manual yet.I knew this kind stuff was comming.On the left side cover below the seat where the seat key goes there is a screw (star Point) that has a pin in the center that must be broken off to use the starpoint. What the heck is under there that they don't want us to get into?? Platonium or what? Just like to know before I take it off. Thanks. Jack :wave: :wave: :rant-rave:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Its a Flux Capacitor!!! Be very Careful while removing!!! LOL I have no idea my manual isn't here yet either.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG,85 views and no one seems to know.Oh well when I have time to get in there I guess I will answer my own question. If I go to my dealer and they don't know Ill be upset. Since the key for the seat is in that cover could it be to keep someone from hot wiring and stealing your bike.Once you get that cover off I would think you could work the seat lock cable to get the seat off and get to the batt.???????????Jack

·
Registered
634 Posts
All I do know for a fact is that the. Bit for that screw is called a "tamper-proof" or "security" torx (star) bit. I have a full set of them at the factory where I work. I have no real reason to get in there,and it sounds to me like you fully inter on getting in there yourself, but if you'd like to leave the screw in-tact and have me get in there to see what's under there, I can bring the set home from work tomorrow and take a look. The other thing that is routinely done to get by without the right bit is to take a small flathead screwdriver and use it to undo the screw.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I covers the second fuel tank under the seat. I dont remember what else is behind other than the plastic tray for the battery there as I only needed to remove clamps to remove the main gas tank. you also need to undo a allen bolt that bolts the cover to the seat release around the front side of the cover. battery comes out the top so unless your doing something with the 2nd gas tank no need to remove. I am going to chrome both side covers next winter. That might look cool then it might not.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indyraider,thanks thats nice of you to offer to do that but Iam gona pick up a set of those star points (have the ones without the holes)with the holes.Yes I have to get in there,I just have to know every nook and craney of my bikes.And Iam sure that in the future we will see more of those tamper proof screws.I would bet in less than 10 yrs you won't even be allowed to open your own car hood. Sleeper the chrome covers should look kool. Thanks everybody..Jack :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.