MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yesterday was my dads b-day, he turned 49, we were down to the last gift and i noticed my step mom was smilling more than usual he opened the box to find the vip letter that yamaha sends you and he looked at me and asked if it was mine (cause im a jr.) i told him no and thought he was gonna pass out. well once he came to his senses he wanted to know where it was, she tol him its not ready yet cause she had them send off the wheels brakes and belt guard to have them chromed luky him. hes wanted one ever since he took mine down the street so she got him one it the blue one. he hasent even got it yet and is already ragging me cause his will have more chrome, anyway its supposed to be done this week ill get some pics of it and post them on here so maybe i wont be the only thats jelious ;D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats to your Dad...and hats off to your Step-Mom. It takes some good women to put up with us Biker Dudes, and especially to support our bike habit. I got a good 'un too. She let me trade in her bike (wedding present) towards the Raider. Now she rides my old V-Star. All I got to do is put a new paint job on it for her.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm 23, and am loving my Raider. My dad swore up and down about 5 years ago that I was out of the will if I even CONSIDERED buying a bike (little did he know by that time I was already on bike number two!!). It has been a LONG battle between then and now, but I have since won, and both parents are now accepting of the fact that I was meant to ride, regardless of what they think. When I bought my Raider, I decided not to trade in my '95 Virago 750, and give it to the old-man as a gift. He's since thanked me, plated it, taken the abate course, gotten his endorsement, and ridden beside me.

Your dad will be riding a beautiful Raider next to you on yours, for me, my 63 yr. old dad is riding his son's 750 hand me down next to his son's 113ci '08 BEAST of a Raider. Not quite the same... But a story of gifting a bike to a father nonetheless. I still hope after a while on my old 750, I can convince him to drop soem of his own money to get something a little bit nicer (not to mention bigger). I'm not holding my breath on a Raider, but at least he's now on 2-wheels!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
AO, I see you have the Morton pipes on your Raider, they are great arent they!!! I purchased mine from the dealer with them on the bike. They said that it didn't need a fuel module that the Raider would handle it with the O2 closed loop system. NOT, I have had bad backfiring and bad bluing of the pipes. I purchased the Cobra Fuel management module and it has helped but curious what you have done, I see no bluing on your pipes. If you do have a module which one and what settings are you at? Great bike Tho

Thx, RedRaider

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no modual, my pipes are bluing but i have the wanna be heat shields they offer that covers most of it up. i had a lot of popping for about a week then most of it quit the rest of it was caused by the front head pipe not sealing off, you might wanna check that that could be your popping prob cause mine quit after i stacked a couple more crush gaskets in there

·
Registered
52 Posts
AO,

Could I bug you for some up close photos of your pipes...I'd like to get a better idea of the heat shields, mount points, blueing etc. The shots on Morton's site are nice, but too far away to guage accurately. Thanks much bro!

Nelson

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thx AO, That is what Morton and Cobra both suggested about the exhaust leak but I also found yesterday that on the aircleaner side there is a gold color valve that had a hose on it that is now open. Since the Dealer installed the pipes I'm not sure if that is right.
Morton also told me that the Yamaha system should be able to adjust for the new exhaust, all their test bikes did with no Fuel Module. Another thing that bothers me is the front pipe is bluing worse than the rear pipe???? I'm in for the 600 mile oil and valve check tomorrow, They better figure out whats going on!!! The bike is great, performance is awsome, I just need someone to get this issue fixed since the dealer installed the pipes....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill get some close ups to you asap, and my front pipe is bluing worse too and that vavle your talking about isnt supposed to have a hose on it

and we went and picked up my dads bike today heres a pic

ill try and get some better pics of it out in the sun and close ups of the chromed piecies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.