MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
think im gonna check auto zone and oriellys for some amber l.e.d. strips that i can mount right under my tail light and then hack that big plastic thing off and chunk it. found some online but wanna make sure i cant get it here before i have to wait for something to come in the mail.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anybody tried the integrated tail light yet? ??? If so can you say where you purchased it from and maybe some pics of the tail light

·
Registered
326 Posts
i found it on ebay they also have a couple of pictures of it. its the same people that will chrome the factory rims. the only thing is youll have to go a couple of weeks without your taillight

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're called Performance Edge - what sets their Tail Light apart from the others out there is that they use the stock OEM tail light, which is much higher quality than the aftermarket variety. We're expecting ours in next week, along with their new side-mount plate bracket. I'll post the pics on the site when I finish the install - Fender clean-up, stage 2.

·
Registered
326 Posts
please let me know how long it took when you get it back, im trying to decide if i can go without for a couple of weeks or wait till winter again as yall proply figured out by now they weather down here has been really nice for riding except for the rain every now and then, but expecting another cold front and thunderstroms mon and tues but supposed to be gone by end of week all ready put 250 miles on bike cant wait to get it broke in so i can see what shell reaaly do

·
Registered
19 Posts
I RELOCATED MY TAG YESTERDAY WITH NO PROBLEM. LOOKS GREAT. I HOCKED UP LED TAG BOLTS ON THE TOP TAG HOLES . LOOKS GOOD AND IS STREET LEGAL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
was thinkin about the blinker/tail light and left side plate relocate, as the most immediate and readily available mods. i also want to be able to swap out the front blinkers with ones that are more like collars on the forks. saw them once. unfortunately i can't actually find anything about them again, anywhere. have any of you heard anything? and i'm wondering how low the license plate will ride. any fear of it scraping in a deep left turn?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the blinkers that surround the front forks try Custom Dynamics

here's their latest version http://www.customdynamics.com/wrap_around_LED_fork_clamps.htm

The side mount plate that we're putting on is located around the area of the swing arm pivot, so I don't think it'll ride low enough to scrape - you'll be dragging your pegs first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what do you guys think of mortons tag bracket in the back it looks like it cleans everything up well, its all led chrome license cover I like it justed wanted your guys opinion and if anybody has got it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't know stevo, every bit of this bike is a character on it's own and frankly is not because of money, but I wouldn't change anything.
I love it just the way it is. Although I like to clean it up under the bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
just finished making me a side mount tag bracket thats based off the mortons but i went ahead and made mine out of stainless steel so i could polish it up like chrome ill post some pics when i get it mounted.

·
Registered
326 Posts
im going to install it when i get out of church ill take pics along the way and post them. i was looking and now that i got my pipes on that inner fender stands out alot but it looks like there is enough of a lip on both sides to mount the stock blinkers to it if the swing arm wont hit them ill have to get my wife on there to bounce up and down on it while i measure but if it clears looks like it will be pretty sweet

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ao, Got any pics with the lights on? Would like to see how they show up, and how did you get them on there?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts