has anyone heard what aftermarket pipes sound like for the raider? too quiet :(

• yamaha drag pipes w/non-removable baffles

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any I have never had a bike b4 and man I hope i made the right choice by getting a bike like this. ??? I seem to have no trouble riding it but there is no way in hell i can pass the dmv test on a bike like this in illinios. The bike is longer than the turns they want me to take. Any way I would also like to know how to clean my bike? I bought some micro shammys or whatever they are called and i want to know if i can just hose my bike down. I would also like to know how to make my tires shine since im pretty sure its damn near retarded to put amrorall on bike tires unless to you have a death wish? Also, is it just me or are the pipes on the raider just too damn soft. Anyway any suggestions would be very appreciated since im a dumbass and bought a bike b4 I had ever even riden one. I will say the thing has balls and im pretty sure its faster than any car ive owned!

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
What's up NTB?

Welcome! :wave:

First - I wouldn't try to pass the DMV test on a Raider - Here in NJ, you can take the MSF beginner course, using their little bikes, and get a road test waiver upon completion. Double check how it works in IL.

There's a bunch of great cycle cleaning products out there - I'm a personal fan of S100 cleaning products. They've got total cycle cleaner - spray on, rinse off kinda thing. Most important part is to make sure any water is COMPLETELY removed, especially from around plugs, wires, etc.

Like you said, Armorall has no business anywhere near the tires of a bike. Actually, I wouldn't put the stuff anywhere on a motorcycle. Think about what might happen if the seat was a little on the slippery side? I don't think your tires can ever shine like your car's. Just keep them clean...

Take you time, ride safe and learn to respect the amazing machine you now own...you'll have a blast

·
Registered
31 Posts
You cant be a complete dumbass, you bought a Blue Raider.....sweet choice.

Just do what your doing, ask questions, be careful and take a rider safety course. Best thing I ever did when I began riding. Dont get caught up trying to show off or prove anything, you may not get a second chance.

Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
228 Posts
What's up NTB?

Welcome! :wave:

First - I wouldn't try to pass the DMV test on a Raider - Here in NJ, you can take the MSF beginner course, using their little bikes, and get a road test waiver upon completion. Double check how it works in IL.

There's a bunch of great cycle cleaning products out there - I'm a personal fan of S100 cleaning products. They've got total cycle cleaner - spray on, rinse off kinda thing. Most important part is to make sure any water is COMPLETELY removed, especially from around plugs, wires, etc.

Like you said, Armorall has no business anywhere near the tires of a bike. Actually, I wouldn't put the stuff anywhere on a motorcycle. Think about what might happen if the seat was a little on the slippery side? I don't think your tires can ever shine like your car's. Just keep them clean...

Take you time, ride safe and learn to respect the amazing machine you now own...you'll have a blast
Can't agree with NJ more...take the safety course on one of their 250 cc bikes. Once you pass the road test and get your license, take the Experienced Rider Course on YOUR bike; they teach a lot of advanced manuevers and teach you ways of thinking while dealing with traffic situations. This course is worth every penny and are usually smaller than the basic so the instructors have more time with each rider. Remember, these guys are not out there to fail you; most if not all are well experienced riders that want you to get the most out of your riding experience...safely. Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts