MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentleman I am very pleased to announce that on this day June 7, 2008 at 11:03:37 atlantic time I became the proud owner of a 2008 692 lb. (dry) Red Raider S. It has all the standard features of a Raider S: chrome, cool tires and rims, chrome, an awesome 113 cubic inch engine, did I mention the chrome and, the ability to turn the heads of all that it passes. It also sports a quick release 14” windshield, Yamaha touring seat, quick release passenger backrest with custom pad (sorry Coyote) as well as a backrest for the rider with a custom pad.
I ordered my Raider on April 15 and It’s been a very long journey getting to this day. Uncontrollable urges to stick my head out the window of any moving vehicle I’m riding in or driving, a constant twisting of my right wrist in conjunction with the flicking of my left foot and the fingers of my left hand and, lets not forget the mood swings...well lets not go there. Anyway... all is now well, owner and bike are home and doing fine, owner celebrating with a tall dark and dirty puffin on a Montecristo while bike rests in the nursery er I mean the garage. LOL Well folks I gatta go my eyes are starting to well up, my wife thinks it may be hormonal.
This forum and all the people that contribute to it are great and I’m proud to be a part of it.

cheers
Soupie :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
wow long labor.....congrats :wave:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got a chance to pick up your new baby. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Damn skimpy..congrats! Yeah I know that anticipation you felt waiting for that sweet mama to come in. I bought mine on May 15th, (red s) but due to my chrome fetish, I left her so she could be fitted with even more chrome. Should get the call the end of next week to come get her....YeeHa...gettin close...can't friggin' wait!!! :smoking:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Soupie

Congratulations. Welcome to the gang here.

Yeah, it's a bike. Just about the BEST bike in town!!! Be safe bro', and maybe soon Raider riders will join forces and roll across the country!

distantThunder

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I could. It would be fantastic to have a gathering of Raider riders.
cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wednesday June 4th I went to an appointment for a new rear Metzeler on my Roadstar Silverado and came home with a Tommy Blue Raider S. Trading was the very last thing on my mind when I left home for a new tire.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not too sure why it took so long to get but I can tell yah, Raiders are rare beast up here in Eastern Canada. There's quite a few Yamaha dealerships around the Maritime Provinces and I know of only two that have received Raiders and those four bikes went like hot cakes. Gee whiz I wonder why? A big tip of the hat to the dealership I dealt with, Freedom Cycle. They worked very hard and even got the national rep. involved in order to make my dream come true. I could not believe my eyes when I walked into their dealership to pick her up. They has her sitting in the middle of the showroom all chained off shinning like a new silver dollar. I don't know who was more excited, me or the staff at the dealership. I almost hated to take her (not really). They took lots of pictures and said they'd post them on their web site so I'll let you all know when there up. All that being said the bad news, long wait for my bike. Good news, I won't have someone pulling up beside me at a stoplight with the same bike anytime soon besides, it's kinda nice to be original. I do feel a little sorry for my Raider though as it won't have any similar playmates for quite some time and that's why a forum such as this is soooo important to me. Thank you all for the congrats and ride safe.
cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the board. I hope you will keep us informed as your writing style is way cool!
I'm a new Raider owner myself and think I understand how you feel. Having owned and ridden many bikes in the past, this is, by far, the most interesting and exciting experience ever. It is even better with the acceptance of my wife. We now have two bikes in the stable - the other is a 2007 Shadow Spirit 1100. I think we will soon be adding a Suzuki GZ 250 and perhaps a new GoldWing. A dirt bike is being looked at just for good measure - LOL.
Hey - a pic is worth a thousand words..................

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks PiNkPaNtHeR I as well have had a few bikes under my keyster over the years starting with a Can Am 250, Yamaha 650, Honda 750 Shadow Special... then came the Nortons two 650s and an 850. Drive those units for years or should I say kept tightening them back up and or putting the parts back on (what counter balances on the crankshaft?). It was a labour of love and I could not resist the feel of a thumping twin beneath me. i think the Raider will more than satisfy this urge and them some.
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Panther

That's pretty funny -

Right now we've got the Raider, my wife's Shadow Spirit 750 and a GZ250 as well...

GZ's a great way to introduce friends to riding without killing themselves. Plus it's a great way to putt around town - gets like 500 mpg -

·
Registered
46 Posts
congradulations ! my local dealer coulden't come up with a raider eather. and that was in middle of may. I did find a couple of em down in hermiston ore, and looked athe red raider s , and actually prefered the raven raider. But on a return vist last week he had sold the raider to someone up from california. he told the dealer that california dealers were kinda selling for a premium.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts