MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello My name is Terry I am a die hard Yama man. Had a Harley but didn't like the feel of NO power and thus sold it. My next bike will be the Raider. I sure hope Baron gets busy getting some goddies like breather and powere commanders etc. But I will be be in and out so hope to talk to some of you. Terry

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Welcome to MBF Terry and thanks for registering. How soon before you get your Raider? I haven't had the pleasure of riding one but I hear they are pretty sweet. NJ has a ton of great Raider info going in here.

Regards
MBF

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm interested in purchasing a Raider bike. I looked at the Harley Rocker and thought I was all set until I saw the Raider up close and in person. After doing a little research I realized not only does this bike look great but it also out performs the others in it's class. My question is, what can I expect to pay for the Raider S model, the red one? Above or below the MSRP price? I live in Maine and we still have snow on the road so I can wait them out a bit. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey John

welcome the MBF :wave:

It really, really depends on your dealer. No sarcasm intended, but it's not a Harley so I would never pay above MSRP. From a franchise dealership, I would expect to pay list price, maybe a little below. If you deal with a smaller dealership with more personal service, you might be able to get more below MSRP.

I also wouldn't wait them out. Once the season starts, it'll be easier for the dealers to sell the bike, and they'll be less inclined to offer discounts. I purchased my Raider in the middle of January while the bike was still in the crate on its way to my dealer, and they took care of me really well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi John,
Has any one responded to you yet? I send a Pm but I am new myself and I don't think it went through.
I bought mine but still waiting for some accessories. Some parts on back order. I know some else that purchased it at the same day that I purchased, he is been riding it and he loves it.
Lets talk more if you want. send me a PM.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree with NJ, John. I bought mine about a month and 1/2 ago and I got it for about 2000 less which enabled me to spend that amount fro accessories. I bought mine with 19" windshield, saddle bags engine guard, back rest and the rack behind the back rest.and 4 years warranty all for $15130.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi guys,
Thanks for all the helpful info. What NJ said about not waiting for spring made alot sense. This is a smaller dealership and there might be room to negotiate. Right now they are offering all the Raider bikes @6.99% for 72 months, but that deal ends at the end of May. BlueAngel also pointed out that the blue color sells for about $200. less than the red one. I would be happy with either.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,whats up everybody? Just got my Raider on Monday! I absolutely L O V E I T!!!!!! Thanks goes out to Brent, Scott, Gabriel and everyone @ Tejas. Lot's of nice folks down there! So Long for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi im Tony from broken arrow oklahoma---bought my blue raider in the crate the minute it came off the truck---my local dealer tryed all over the country to get me a red s to no avail---s models a hard to find here---I was told yamaha isnt making no more this year---can anyone verifie this---I have buddies who want one after riding mine---anyway back to me, this is my 1st bike in 18 years , had to get the kids gone. The wife fought me over this but after her 1st ride I cant go anywhere without her too. She is even telling my friends wifes to let them get one so we can all ride!!!!! Just wish we could get accesseries quicker---

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tnoony, let me welcome you to this forum. Don't regrade about getting the blue because is the fastes and the meanest and the nastiest of all Raider's. Just look at mine on the front page of this forum.

With all that said, go out there and enjoy yourself.
Safe riding

·
Registered
235 Posts
My name is Aaron. I just bought a new Raider 1 week ago! ... This is the best bike ever ;D very comfortable and easy to ride... and has great power. I chose the BLACK (they had a red and a blue available, but my heart was set on the midnight look since my brother has a mindight warrior). i got New Impaler grips that look AWESOME! i'll get some pics for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Aaron, let me welcome you to this forum. Even due you have one of the slow Raiders, pls keep in mind, this is great bike regardless. So pls go out there and ride safe. I haven't checked yet, but pls sign up in a active member directory to see where you are, may be another slow Raider like your (RED one) might want to go out with you riding.

Heheheheeh.
I am glad you join this forum and don't take that to your hard, I couldn't help it. hahahaha
Safe riding.
Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts