MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I got my Raider in Sept 2007, One of the first ones to hit Jax, Fl, I am taking it in for its first service this week and I dont really trust the place I bought it from. How can I find out if the Mechs are MMI certified or just abunch of back yard mechs hired off the street?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Definitely check out the dealer locator on Star's site here

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/dealers/dealerhome/home.aspx

Star certifies their dealerships with Gold- or Silver- star ratings. The locator will tell you which dealers have this rating.

Don't hesitate to ask the service manager at the dealership to see their tech certifications. If they don't have a service manager, I'd probably try another dealer

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello Bobby Joe,
Let me tell you what I found. I've been in touch with Star company since I found out they have the certification program to be a 5 star mechanic with Yamaha.
I am wandering if it is legal for a dealer to represent Yamaha when they don't have qualify mechanics to work on their bikes. I am thinking to get in touch with an attorney to see if it is legal.
Anyone knows any attorney in their family to ask these questions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Blue Angle, Its really hard for me to do alot of running around these days, Im a Discaple Vet. I still work very hard for our country and I dont like to be dupped by some good old boy club, if you know what I mean. I love riding my bike but I would feel alot better knowing if these yahoos are certified to work on my bike. Anything I can do for you here in Jax, FL let me know, my door is open and beer always in the fridge. Bobby Joe :laugh: The Name of the bike store is Purcells of jacksonville, fl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts