MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

Just installed the Kuryakyn Iso grips on "Big Red" yesterday. I've used them for years on my V'max's and love them. Question -- when removing the old grips the end piece that screws out is massive and chrome. It must weight at least a pound. Does anyone know if they're made as a counterweight for vibration or something with the wide bars. If so, I think I can saw off the end of the Iso's and fit the chrome plugs back in.

Mr. Max

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
They're bar end weights allegedly for vibration - thing is the Raider is a very well counterbalanced motor, and with the ISO's you shouldn't notice any vibes.

Also, the end of the ISO's can be removed by unscrewing the 4 hex bolts on the end of the grip, so there's no need to start cuttin'.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Have the ISO's on my bike now and I can say that there is no more vibration with the ISO's than with the stockers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the ISO's on mine, as well. I changed the endcaps on the ISO's to Kuryakyn's Stiletto's - they weigh in at about 3/4 of what the stock end-caps weigh...

I notice a lot LESS vibration with the ISO's than I did with my stockers. You'll be fine with just the ISO's - trust me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad I seen this, I have had ISO grips and the stilleto end caps sitting in a box waiting until I got more info on how the solid end cap was applied or just what I just read. It give me a better understanding of the stock application and input from people that have changed to the ISO's with no issues. Thx Terry :wave:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thats what we are here for!!!
Ride Safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts