MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yep...still looks like the old Indian. I guess it's the styling they were always known for but it might have been what did them in..again and again.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just makes ya wonder whos putten up the money for these failures. When they fall on there ass again I guess someone gets a hell of a tax break. :rant-rave:

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Unbelievable

Take a look at that building - the reason they failed the first 50 times is because they spent all their cash on infrastructure - buildings, furniture, etc... and not enough on the bikes and a qualified dealer network

The bikes started having problems and there was nobody there to service them.

Damn I wish they would learn...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Take a look at the bikes. It looks almost like they took a picture of the motor and then used photoshop to put the bikes over it.

Last time they were out some rag did a write up on what ever one. I liked the oil spot under this brand new Indian. Makes me want to fork out the cash.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I like the Chief Standard, kinda looks cool to me. I wish them luck and at $30k+ they are going to need it. They lost alot of loyal customers last time out and trying to win them back with these prices seems like a failure waiting to happen. I give them 5 years tops

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hmmmmm.
I guess opinions vary. Personally, I like the look of the Indian. Granted, I would not pay $35K for the bike, but it looks cool. It's not my style, but I can imagine myself talking to an owner about his ride and him (or her - gotta be politically correct - LOL) about mine (Raider). Actually, everywhere I go people stop and talk about my bike. Today I was in a Harley shop, Eagle Leather (buying new gloves) and another shop and everywhere I went I ended up talking to people. They were astonished when I told them it's "113 cubic inches of raw attitude'.
I'm a relatively tame/mellow guy. For what it's worth, I have never experienced the feeling of peer pressure - even though I had several VTX rider friends tell me not to get a Raider. I did it MY way. It just suits me.
As for any Indian owners - old or new - it's their ride. It's their pride and joy and means as much to them as the Raider means to me. I would never even think the thought that their ride is inferior' in any way. It's just different.
If I'm lucky, I'll ride one one day - just to say I did it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I agree with Pink on this and every other my bike is better or worse thread that is out there. I will ride what I want they can ride what they want, I hate to see people rain on others parade just because it is diffrent from what they would have choosen. (not saying thats what is going on here)
I am not a big fan of these at all, but I would never say that to a new owner who just coughed up 35K. What's with the cyclops on the front fender? Anyone?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nomadken said:
Thanks Busa,
I just applied to become an Indian Dealer!

Nomadken
Hey Nomadken,can I get a discount??? TeHE :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts