MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When replacing your exhaust, it's a good idea to replace the crush gaskets where the head-pipe meets the cylinder head. Some pipe manufacturers include gaskets with their systems, some don't. They run less than $10 each and Yamaha's Part # is 3EG-14613-00-00. You should be able to get them from your dealer, or online. If you can't find them let me know.

Replacing these gaskets when replacing your pipes will help avoid those small exhaust leaks that cause popping on decel :mad:, and other annoying problems...

·
Registered
326 Posts
if the yamaha place is closed or just to far away go to auto zone and ask for a crush gasket part#85001 its the same diameter just a little thicker witch should help it seal. and there only about a dollar

·
Registered
42 Posts
Replaced gaskets when installing the V&H on my VTX. Was forewarned about the outrageous price for OEM so picked up an exact match from Midas for about $1.25 each.
I gotta think we should be able to do the same with the Raider!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Felpro 23588 is another sub, 1.98 at Checkers

·
Registered
219 Posts
Felpro 23588 is another sub, 1.98 at Checkers
Checkers is onto us. I bought the felpro's in May for $1.98, went to get another set yesterday and they are $4.59.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Man......THank god for the internet and capable people. With a little research you can do wonders. Ten dollars to two dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts