MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is that for real? Anybody else subscribe to that line of thought? Makes me wonder if I made a mistake taking it easy for the break in period.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've talked to a couple guys that have used this method, they say it really works. Now I didn't take of on my RAIDER like I stole it, but I didn't baby it either. I got on it a bunch of times, couldn't resist :icon_twisted:

·
Registered
640 Posts
VtwinWS6 said:
Anybody else subscribe to that line of thought?
I've broken in my bikes like this for years and they've always been good runners. If something's going to take a sh*t on your new bike internally, you'll usually know about it within the first couple hundred miles...at least for me that's been the case.

***IMPORTANT*** Change your oil within the first 50-100 miles. You won't believe the crap that you'll see in the used oil.

If you slowly pour off the used oil from your drain pan into another container and leave about 1/2" in the drain pan, take the drain pan with this 1/2" of oil in it out into the sun and swish it around like you're panning for gold, you'll be amazed at the amount of metal junk you see. This is especially true if you're really hard on the bike from the get go.

This is my oil change schedule for my new bikes:

1st...50-100 miles

2nd...250-350 miles...start using Amsoil

3rd...500-600 miles

4th...900-1000 miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts