MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can not believe it. All weekend when I had to work, it was between 70 and 80 degrees. I am off this week and it is about 45 degrees and raining. Forecast calls for Rain all week. Really sucks. But on the bright side, I will get my new pipes on tomorrow or Wednesday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I feel your pain Wa. It's been 45 here for about a week. Been damn chilly riding taking short runs around the block. But I think we switched weather systems. Sorry. It's about to change. 65 sunny tomorrow then 70's later in the week.

I checked UPS tracking and my pipes are only 60 miles away, should be here tomorrow. I hope....

I plan on getting them on as soon as I can.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Roch, Mine aresupposed to be here tommorrow also, Bad thing is UPS Deliveries to my house usually don't get here until late in the evening. I plan on taking the stock pipes off tomorrow during the day and then maybe, just maybe I will have enough light to put the new ones on. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pipes showed up early this morning. Very cool... ;D ;D

Should have them on before dinner. I'll take a video so you can hear what they sound like.

Good luck, maybe we can compare notes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Roch, I will do a vid too. What color is your bike? We can have different vids to look at LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Red S as well.... :)

Note: Cobra doesn't supply the crush gaskets to replace the stock ones. So you may want to start calling around your local dealers to see if they have them. I just called my dealer and they do have some in stock. He's confirmed and got them in hand. $9 per.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You get yours on yet? I just got the stock pipes off

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm with you Wa. We've barely had any riding time here around Chicago. It's been cold and raining now for WEEKS on end - save for a day here or a day there.

Then... when it's not raining (like today) I find myself leaning the bike just to go in a straight line... BLASTED WIND!!!!!! Windy as heck... but sunny.

When will it end? Time to put a hit out on mother nature... lol.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You are right Ninja, I just don't believe mother nature would do this to me. today it is not a big deal though. I took my stock pipes off to get ready for my new swept pipes to get here whenever the UPS guy decides I am worthy. LOL. Mother Nature really needs to get a grip on our riding time though. :-\

·
Registered
326 Posts
we had a cold front come threw putting it into the low 30s in the mornigs :-[ ive been suffering threw it cause i only work like 5 min from the house, but after the rain thats forcast for friday its supposed to be back up into the 80s and sunny :pepper2: gonna try and put some more miles on it this weekend ;D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Like most of you I'm rubbing my hands together watching my tracking of my swepts to get here. Should be Friday morning. I guess I should start taking my stocks off the night before. is that a bad are good thing??? and if I do take off before do I have to cover the exhaust holes coming from the heads???

My PC-3 is coming and a few days later, that should not stop my installation.

P.S. I can't complain much about the weather down here, but I'll go to my weather bug and see what's going on in your areas.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Big Easy said:
do take off before do I have to cover the exhaust holes coming from the heads???[/b][/color]
Might not be a bad idea to cover those holes.
It's a red one so it might bleed quite a bit.

·
Registered
326 Posts
especially if it sets out side, just take some paper towels and wad them up and stick in the holes

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well, it was 80 here today but the wind was blowing between 30-40 with gusts over 50 so that puts a damper on riding as well

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got mine installed also. One Word SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_razz: 8) :laugh: ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are sweet, I just need to finish puttin the heat shields on tomorrow. One problem though. One of the bolts to the bracket in the rear stripped. So I am going to have to fix that. I was wondering if you had any air coming from the pipe to muffler connection. I feel air coming from that area, but it doesn't sound like their is an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes I did notice that as well. I'm thinking about using some high temp gasket maker/sealer on that. Like you, it's running fine and doesn't appear to be causing any issues. But I have to think it would cause some fluctuation with the air flow. I'm going to call Cobra and see if this is normal or if they recommend anything.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts