MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
In one word...sweet. In several words...They bring out that nice throaty rumble that you know is hiding in the stock exhaust. Not too loud but loud enough so that the cagers know you are there. They can scream for you if you get hard on the throttle. They can even be made louder if you take out the removable baffles but I'm good with mine staying in.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Or as Bruce Almighty says GooooooooooooD! LOL. just as VTwin says, Not to loud unless you want them to be. They actually get quieter the higher the gear. But twist the throttle, Look out it can scream.

·
Registered
220 Posts
When I'm just cruising by... it has a very low rumble... almost "sneaky" in the way it sounds.

But when I let my wrist do the talking - people tend to snap their heads in my direction. :D

This is how I like my pipes... I can sneak when I need to... and I can get noticed when I need to be noticed.

G

·
Ninja-Matic said:
When I'm just cruising by... it has a very low rumble... almost "sneaky" in the way it sounds.

But when I let my wrist do the talking - people tend to snap their heads in my direction. :D

This is how I like my pipes... I can sneak when I need to... and I can get noticed when I need to be noticed.
Spoken like a true Ninja!

·
Registered
157 Posts
i looooove it. These pipes are sweet. They look incredible and fit the lines of the bike to the "T". The sound is confusing to harley guys because they don't know what bike it is (took all the stickers off). When i ride by the local harley store i get puzzled looks, when i stop there they all look at it not knowing what to say. It's funny. When i tell them that its a star raider they all raise there eyebrows in surprise. There is a hidden meaness to the sound of these pipes and when you twist the throttle, watch out. No need to remove the baffles. To me, this is as good as it gets.

·
Registered
671 Posts
they sound like VROOOOOOOOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SORRY :rant-rave: i cant really hear them with my sideburners, everyone that has them like them so ive heard :wave:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just got mine on and went for a ride. Took the baffles out and it sounds good. Not as loud as my warrior was with sampsons. Those things would raise the dead. These are nice and I sure am glad I took the baffles out cuz I sure wouldn't want it any quieter!
I still have to plug the two holes that the screws that held the baffles were in. Not sure how to do that but will try to figure it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I just put mine on tonight...now I'm wondering if I should pull the baffles out. Sounds nice as is, but I think I'd like them a bit louder...hate to take them off to do it though. Can you remove the baffles once they pipes are already on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rokr said:
Well, I just put mine on tonight...now I'm wondering if I should pull the baffles out. Sounds nice as is, but I think I'd like them a bit louder...hate to take them off to do it though. Can you remove the baffles once they pipes are already on?
It's amazing how different some of these comments are. I just put mine on yesterday and went for a ride with them on. Now hearing problems run in the family so I wear earplugs almost all the time I ride and since I'm such a woos without a windshield, I wear a full face helmet to keep the bugs off my face. I loved the sound, not to loud but if I want to make noise, just hit the throttle. On the way home, I went without earplugs..... wind noise in the helmet and the pipes had my ears ringing when I got home.... Not overly loud but for my ears, they were. The thing I like most and everyone down the shop agreed, those pipes make the bike. The chrome is excellent and the flow of the pipes just goes with the bike. Cobra has come a long way from earlier pipes..... now, will they do anything about the scraping issue.... I was tentative on the purchase but the shop had them and I had the money...... end of story.
Cliff

·
Registered
538 Posts
Rokr said:
Can you remove the baffles once they pipes are already on?
Yes, it is very easy. The hardest thing with them on the bike is undoing the screws. Once you have these out, take a small allen wrench and some vice grips. Put the small end of the allen in the hole inside the pipe where the screw was, the vice grips on the other end and pull, mine came right out. I can't tell you how to plug those screw holes cuz I haven't done it yet. I guess I could put screws in there and try and get nuts on the inside but not sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
NHRAIDER said:
Cobra has come a long way from earlier pipes..... now, will they do anything about the scraping issue.... I was tentative on the purchase but the shop had them and I had the money...... end of story.
Cliff
Have you scraped them yet?
[/quote]

No, haven't scraped yet BUT I can see how and where they will scrape. The lowest part of the heat shield has a bend in it and it is where the lowest point of the front pipe is. Sticking my fingers in there yesterday I found there is at least a 1/4" gap between the heat shield and pipe. May be just a redesign of the heat shield that would be needed. Of course those who have scraped already would know best.
Cliff

·
Registered
220 Posts
For all those pulling baffles out.

I don't see why? I've set off car alarms in parking lots and I still have my baffles. Not to mention the packing on the inside needs to get hot and melt to the inside of the exhaust.

She's a LOT louder after a few hundred miles - but you still need a good 600-800 to break them in fully.

Not to mention losing precious torque by having that much flow on a stock motor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.