MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m wondering if any of you guys can give me an opinion on this.

What I’m trying to figure out is how to get the lowest (and meanest of course) looking ride without losing functionality. I just bought my raider and it is being shipped but what I’d like to do is buy some things and have them delivered so they’re ready to go on when the bike gets here.

I’m considering the combination of PCS dog bones, Low & Mean seat pan and some front foot peg extensions. I’ll also get the PCS progressive spring with the dog bones but won’t put it on yet because I heard that 2 up riding can be a problem with that. Basically I’ll have to wait until I find out how much my girlfriend who hasn’t been a motorcycle passenger before likes to ride with me before I put the progressive spring on.

My question is mainly about what size front foot extensions I would need. To sum it up a little here is what I’m thinking:

1) PCS dog bones will lower the back about 1¾ inches according to the PCS site.
2) The Low & Mean seat pan will lower the seat height about 1½ inches from stock.
3) I’m 6’2, inseam about 32”
and
4) Front foot extentions, but not sure how to figure this out or what I should do.

I was originally thinking about getting the 3 inch extensions like I had on my lowered 1100 Custom V-Star but that lowering kit had two settings and I kept it at 1½ because it bottomed out when lowered to the 2½"setting. (The PCS dog bones for the Raider is one setting at 1/¾ inches) Now I’m thinking that maybe I should go with the 5 inch extensions that I heard some company offers for the Raider or maybe even a 4 inch if thats available somewhere. I like the stretched out feel but I don’t want to do something and not be able to reach the pegs correctly.

Any ideas from anyone?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If you've got the money go with an air ride suspension. You can ride low if solo and raise it up a little bit if 2-up. Also you can slam that mama jama on the ground when parked. I've got the tricky air system and 3 inch extensions with floorboards and couldn't be happier. First thing anyone has said when they see it parked is 'damn that thing is low'. I'm 6ft tall with about a 32 inch inseem and 3 inch extensions were perfect.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm 6-2 and have the 2.5 in fwd controls but they also push them up 1 in which makes it super comfy. I'm doing the entire PCS kit including spring but here's the kicker I'm doing th 4in fork extensions that will give it a much more chopper look and make the rear end look much lower than it is and still provide great handleing.. 240 tire will be along soon hopefully. Once I get done with a few nice long burnouts on this one.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i just got the shipping notification today for the PCS lowering kit so that will be installed next weekend.. this weekend I'll have the fork extensions on.. I'll take pics. we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Matt,

Did you get these extensions installed? I have been thinking about doing this too and would like to see what it looks like.
Here is what it looks like brother.
My bike is slammed 3+" in the rear and extended 3" up front.
The ride is great.
I have over 4,000 miles on my bike riding with the extensions and I would never go back to stock.
These pictures are a couple of months old and since these two pictures I have now put on the PCS
slammed potato chip seat on my bike. I love this seat. Feels better in the saddle and seats you even lower.
SLAMMED.
If you have any questions for me just pm me and I will get back to you.
Here are a couple of pictures so you can see what it looks like.

Swomack

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ya swomack made me wanna get them..

i just copied him, give or take as far as the pcs kit goes et. I just used 4in extensions instead of the 3in ones. that and I don't have the PCS kit yet installed.. this weekend hopefully. :b2b

·
Registered
530 Posts
ya swomack made me wanna get them..

i just copied him, give or take as far as the pcs kit goes et. I just used 4in extensions instead of the 3in ones. that and I don't have the PCS kit yet installed.. this weekend hopefully. :b2b
Can't wait to see what you think brother.
I want to see the pics once you are done with the install.
Swomack

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, totally cool Swomack. How did you get the bike slammed to 3+ inches in the rear? I’m hoping you say the PCS Slam Kit and nothing else. I just purchased the Slam Kit yesterday on line.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Here's a picture of mine Rick.
PCS Slam package and 4" extensions.
This picture doesn't have my new L&M seat which lowered my a$$ about another 2".

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I gotta find a happy medium for comfort and still cool looks concerning the seats.. I sometimes ride this puppy for a few hours at a stretch. But, I wanna make sure that it doesn't look like crap either. We'll see how it goes I guess. It's on the list.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow, totally cool Swomack. How did you get the bike slammed to 3+ inches in the rear? I’m hoping you say the PCS Slam Kit and nothing else. I just purchased the Slam Kit yesterday on line.
I just have the PCS slam kit with the progressive spring and have my preload set just the way I like it. I also removed the rear fender secondary front plastic backsplash and made my own new backsplash.
By doing that I gained another 2+" without hitting or rubbing anything.
I ride two up with my wife as well without any issues. I have 3" extensions right now but I also have 4" extension coming soon to try out to see which I really like better. The 3" are killer and I think I will like the 4" as well. I guess I will see soon.

Slam It Extend It
You will dig it.
Swomack :madhead:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Here's a picture of mine Rick.
PCS Slam package and 4" extensions.
This picture doesn't have my new L&M seat which lowered my a$$ about another 2".

Thats one bad @ss ride brother!!!!!!!!!:roll:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey r8dr, I know what you mean. I will be picking up my bike from perf edge in a week or two and thought that after going with the 8.5" rear wheel and chrome wheels, swingarm , hub & pulley and then hawk convinced me the air ride was the way to go that all the big money was spent! Now the flavor of the week is fork extentions??? I might have to wait until next winter for that one but it does look bad ass!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hey r8dr, I know what you mean. I will be picking up my bike from perf edge in a week or two and thought that after going with the 8.5" rear wheel and chrome wheels, swingarm , hub & pulley and then hawk convinced me the air ride was the way to go that all the big money was spent! Now the flavor of the week is fork extentions??? I might have to wait until next winter for that one but it does look bad ass!
saw your bike at perf edge the other week. lookin good. i love that front fender. you went with the air ride huh? you'll love it. also it sounds like these extensions arent that expensive (under $100) but i dont know for sure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.