MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I bought a 6000k H4 low beam kit with the super slim ballast offa ebay set of 2 so have a spare for down the road.....and cut out the connectors then soldered and shrink tubed the wires for a professional look. I used black tie straps to attach the wires to the existing headlight wiring coming out of the frame near the neck. drilled two tiny holes in the frame to attach the ballast to it (of course you must paint the ballast black so it blends in with the frame). MY GOD not only does it top off the bikes sexy look with the LED tail light and make it look like LORD VADERS bike...it's ungodley bright!!! You dont even need the high beam!! ( to prevent my ass from turning the light off accidently when flicking from Hi to Low I made sure I solderd the high and low beam terminals to the same 12V input wire to the ballast) I got the HIDS here... NOTE 5000 K and 6000K will give you the most amount of light but look cool....I am running 8000K in my jeep for now) and they look great and work very well,BUT when it starts to rain it seems like they dont do as well..the lines in the road dont show like they do with the 5000 or 6000K spectrum lights....just a FYI.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=330225521169&rd=1

I will take some pics today in daylight and tonight and add them as soon as i can. BTW I GOT TONS OF COMPLEMENTS ABOUT IT AND IVE ONLY RUN IT ONE NIGHT. HOT!!!! oh and yes FECKIN PURE EVIL :icon_twisted:

'The road to Hell is PAved....so Ride it'

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can you post Pics of the light and the location of where you put the ballest.
I have them on my GSXR and my truck but i had a lot of plastic to hide the wires of my other bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to put together all the pics step by step...just painting the the ballast and will take a pic and post all. ;D....god I love this bike!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts